Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Batteries

A

aileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
This is probably a silly question but since the leisure batteries are very hard to see in a Cali T5 I wondered if one has to order new ones from VW or can I buy them anywhere. I’m currently in Portugal. Does anyone know if it would be best to get new ones here or Spain or France when I’m driving through on way home??? Maybe I’ve overlooked threads on this subject I think it’s time to replace mine as they never reach above 90% even on these sunny days with a very large solar panel and they don’t hold the charge
Thanks Aileen

Things like this are pricey in Portugal & Spain. You will save money if you can wait until your back in the U.K.

What part of Portugal are you in ?

You can buy them from anywhere, and will save money by not going to VW. It's the measurements/dimensions of the battery that are important. As long as its the right size and type you will be fine.

Things like this are pricey in Portugal & Spain. You will save money if you can wait until your back in the U.K.

What part of Portugal are you in ?
I’m so sorry. I don’t remember answering you after you kindly gave information. I am wandering around all of Portugal for three months often in Aires. I was in Aljezur last week at SOLAR and asked them about my leisure batteries as technically they’re very good with VW Campers and stock excellent products. I ended up having experience batteries installed made by Rolls and they should last 15 years. Cost €823. The same knowledgeable man installed my solar panel two years ago. They probably would have been cheaper in Ireland but not have as long a life