Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery: 12V outlets in 2 year old California

C

chrisclifford1969

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We have a two year old 4 Motion California bought from Robinsons in Norwich which we love.

We would like to purchase an additional portable Dometic Coolfreeze fridge/freezer to take on holiday this year - their CFX 65DZ to supplement the inbuilt fridge.

I haven't been able to confirm or not whether the 12v socket by the rear seat or the one in the boot is wired to the leisure battery.

It won't be a problem once we're hooked up but our journey to our destination may take 24-36 hours so it would be good to keep the unit powered until we've pitched.

If these sockets are not wired to the leisure battery has anyone any experience of getting extra leisure battery sockets retrofitted?

Thanks
Chris

We have a two year old 4 Motion California bought from Robinsons in Norwich which we love.

We would like to purchase an additional portable Dometic Coolfreeze fridge/freezer to take on holiday this year - their CFX 65DZ to supplement the inbuilt fridge.

I haven't been able to confirm or not whether the 12v socket by the rear seat or the one in the boot is wired to the leisure battery.

It won't be a problem once we're hooked up but our journey to our destination may take 24-36 hours so it would be good to keep the unit powered until we've pitched.

If these sockets are not wired to the leisure battery has anyone any experience of getting extra leisure battery sockets retrofitted?

Thanks
Chris
Every 12v socket to the rear of the Front seats runs from the Leisure Batteries. Well it does on my 2014 SE.

If you are driving during this time your leisure battery will be being charged by the alternator too, so battery life shouldn't be a problem.

In the Beach forum section there are lots of fridge threads (as none built in as with SE / Ocean) & your 36-hours is do-able for most without hook-up or charge from engine - obvs more intensive in Max setting or deep freezing.

Having said that - and whilst I think there are two leisure batteries in Ocean? - the CFX65 is massive! Most Beachies are buying c.30L fridges ...

Back