Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery not charging when connected to electric hook up

J

Johnsmyth65

VIP Member
Whilst on a recent holiday to Cornwall, I noticed that the leisure battery was charging up whilst I was driving, however when I stopped and plugged in the electric hook up the leisure battery did not appear to remain charged up, until it was completely empty. The control panel was showing that the electric hook was connected, but it was obviously not topping the leisure battery up. Following a number of discussions with people, they said that it must be a problem with the converter, that converts the 240v coming in to the 12v that is needed to run the appliances such as the fridge. Has any once else experienced this and it is it likely that I would need a complete replacement converter or are there some fuses of the converter that may need replacing. It is a 2013 V.W. California SE.
Also does anyone one know a reputable company that I can use to have this looked at, as I have lost confidence in my local V.W van centre following an incident last year. I am located in Liverpool.

Are the fuses on the batteries blown?

RCD / MCB has it tripped therefore not allowing battery to charge whilst hooked up to 240v ?

Whilst on a recent holiday to Cornwall, I noticed that the leisure battery was charging up whilst I was driving, however when I stopped and plugged in the electric hook up the leisure battery did not appear to remain charged up, until it was completely empty. The control panel was showing that the electric hook was connected, but it was obviously not topping the leisure battery up. Following a number of discussions with people, they said that it must be a problem with the converter, that converts the 240v coming in to the 12v that is needed to run the appliances such as the fridge. Has any once else experienced this and it is it likely that I would need a complete replacement converter or are there some fuses of the converter that may need replacing. It is a 2013 V.W. California SE.
Also does anyone one know a reputable company that I can use to have this looked at, as I have lost confidence in my local V.W van centre following an incident last year. I am located in Liverpool.
Some reading.