Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery

Gooldmike

Gooldmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,
Ive been looking through all the previous threads on the matter of the charging of the leisure battery. Please forgive me for raising this issue again but from what I've read , ive got conflicting information. Can anyone tell me if the leisure battery will charge from the electric hook up? Mine is a 2019 California Beach with the battery under the passenger front seat

Yes and once its charged it will trickle the starter batt i belive

Hi,
Ive been looking through all the previous threads on the matter of the charging of the leisure battery. Please forgive me for raising this issue again but from what I've read , ive got conflicting information. Can anyone tell me if the leisure battery will charge from the electric hook up? Mine is a 2019 California Beach with the battery under the passenger front seat
Yes.
As you have a Beach then there is no Control Panel, as in the Ocean, to show that you are charging when on Mains so it is worthwhile getting a cheap voltmeter that plugs into a Leisure 12 v socket ie: one behind the cabin .
This is useful. On Amazon. Has a built in Digital Voltmeter and On/Off switch.
C891BB81-0544-44BD-8711-F160EE7955A8.jpeg

I installed a NASA BM1 on my beach

For quick inexpensive approach, I agree with above though, a simple 12v plug in voltmeter will give you enough idea. If you want to understand amps in and out then a Victron or NASA above may be a solution.

I did look at the BMV from Victron but I wasnt convinced it would fit in the seat base due to not enough space behind the panel / battery compartment. https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-monitors/bmv-700