Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery - What does it power?

CooperSmith

CooperSmith

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ok this might sound a daft question, but I'm kind of a newby, especially to leisure batteries and what they power. Our 2012 Caravelle and a leisure battery which I believe is primarily for the webasto engine heater. But what else can/does it power. I ask as the lights never stay on for more than 10 minutes, so there's only really the radio that you'd need? Is that powered by the main or the leisure battery?

Thanks in advance :)

If it is the same as a California then the leisure batteries will power everything basically behind the front seats.... i.e. Fridge, 12V sockets, inverter plug, etc.

An exception, I believe, is the side door courtesy lights which I think is powered from the starter battery, and the main reason why I have my courtesy lights switched off.

However I have no idea about the Caravelle

Also the 12v socket on top of the dashboard is connected to the leisure battery, on my T6 beach

Ok this might sound a daft question, but I'm kind of a newby, especially to leisure batteries and what they power. Our 2012 Caravelle and a leisure battery which I believe is primarily for the webasto engine heater. But what else can/does it power. I ask as the lights never stay on for more than 10 minutes, so there's only really the radio that you'd need? Is that powered by the main or the leisure battery?

Thanks in advance :)
As far as I am aware on the Caravelle everything is powered from the Engine Battery, EXCEPT for the Diesel Parking Heater.

Back