Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Levelling ramps

Anybody know make of ramps that fit in with the chairs?
I think the ramps we have (Fiamma yellow ones) would just about fit, but never tried it for a few reasons : the ramps are usually dirty after use and they don’t always get hosed down, we have now got 2 sets of Fiamma ramps as we’ve been on a few sites recently that sloped steeply and one set didn’t get us close to level, and we also shove our Outwell tarps in with the chairs.

I do know we couldn’t do without them - both sleeping comfort and not sliding down the bed, and keeping the kettle / pans from sliding off the hob.

Anybody know make of ramps that fit in with the chairs?
Weigh down the boot lid? I keep my cable in there.

I keep ours which fit together in a bag in the tiny space between bench seat and fridge. A space fairly useless for anything else.

I keep ours which fit together in a bag in the tiny space between bench seat and fridge. A space fairly useless for anything else.
Got the little drawer there, wonder if they would fit in that?

Ditto for Thule levelling ramps in their carry bag fit perfectly in this space if you don’t have the mini drawer option.
This space is ideal for my fishing rods, walking poles and torque wrench extra lever for wheel nut removal. Can extract from front or grovel/load through from boot along the top of the ramps in their bag.
Bit fiddly getting everything right to get the front cover back on but once mastered no problem.
Thule bag is waterproof so no problem with muddy ramps in the bag.

EFB8082A-8DD2-4E15-9F9D-24FE89A880B8.jpeg59E02CE3-2939-46D0-B550-4F5913E296A9.jpeg

Got the little drawer there, wonder if they would fit in that?
Your post arrived as I sent mine.

Not sure if the Thule ones would fit as they fill the space width wise unless they could be offset as the space is more than long enough if the drawer runs all the way along the side of the seat.
I Can send you dimensions if you wish of the bagged ramps and each ramp.

If you could that would be great thanks

A matter of debate. When in P the box is locked by a pin, but there can be some movement when you release the handbrake if the pin is not fully engaged. Only very slight movement, before it locks fully.
Even with chocks in place, DSG in P you can still get slight movement when releasing the handbrake depending on chock position and tyre flex.
Personally I have only used the ramps twice in almost 6 years and some have never used them. With the SWB it's normally not difficult to get pretty level.
We’ve had our van for nearly four years and regularly use the ramps and chocks… I guess we must be using sites that aren’t quite as ‘landscaped’ as some others on here. Oh and we use a wee spirit level too, no hassle two minute job.