Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Life’s (hopefully) a Beach!

Congratulations! We bought a Beach at the end of Sept last year and we’re delighted with it!

You’re going to love it. Happy adventures!

Thanks for accepting us on this forum! Collecting our new Beach next week having thought about it for......too long! Will be reviewing these pages to see what accessories are must haves!

Welcome to the Beach Club.

Choose your accessories with care. There are loads of us with accessories lying around unused.

Me:
Bike rack bag
Sliding door mosquito net

Choose your accessories with care. There are loads of us with accessories lying around unused.

Me:
Bike rack bag
Thanks Amarillo - great advice. I’ve got a tow bar bike rack, and my bike’s not worth covering!

Do you have any ’must haves’? I’ve been told to get a wrapper to put around the roof, and I’ve also got to get a mattress and topper....

Welcome on board matey! That afternoon we spent in the pub talking all things California was obviously very well spent!!

Thanks Amarillo - great advice. I’ve got a tow bar bike rack, and my bike’s not worth covering!

Do you have any ’must haves’? I’ve been told to get a wrapper to put around the roof, and I’ve also got to get a mattress and topper....

No must haves. Plenty of people on here camp year round without a roof topper. Some swear by internal toppers, others advocate external toppers.

We are now on our third lower berth mattress:
#1 a cheap Ikea mattress topper
#2 Brandrup 4 section mattress
#3 genuine VW mattress

Each have their pros and cons.

Camp with the bare minimum and work out from that what will make your camping experience more comfortable.

If you buy new, as a general rule of thumb, the second hand value is about half the new price. If you buy second hand the resale value is about what you paid.

Thanks. Will definitely be getting by on the minimum to begin with - having bought it we are now skint!

Thanks for accepting us on this forum! Collecting our new Beach next week having thought about it for......too long! Will be reviewing these pages to see what accessories are must haves!
:welcome We love our Beach, hopefully you will soon love yours! What colour did you go for? Everyone’s needs / wants are different, our best purchases are, a safelock for the spare wheel, a compressor fridge, internal isotop and a ridge monkey which we already had before buying the beach. Post some photos when you’ve collected yours :thumb

:welcome We love our Beach, hopefully you will soon love yours! What colour did you go for? Everyone’s needs / wants are different, our best purchases are, a safelock for the spare wheel, a compressor fridge, internal isotop and a ridge monkey which we already had before buying the beach. Post some photos when you’ve collected yours :thumb
Thanks Beagle! We went for Starlight Blue. Thanks for the suggestions!

Me:
Bike rack bag
Might you want to sell your sliding door net @Amarillo?

Congratulations, can recommend the below:

Isotop
Decent Mattress
Sliding boot drawer
Vanessa window bags
12v/240v fridge
Waterproof seat covers
Intelligent battery charger(+cigarette lighter adaptor)
Flylinktech Jump starter
Cobb gas stove
Yeti wine tumblers
.....Aeropress + some decent coffee!

Congratulations, can recommend the below:

Isotop
Decent Mattress
Sliding boot drawer
Vanessa window bags
12v/240v fridge
Intelligent battery charger(+cigarette lighter adaptor)
Flylinktech Jump starter
Cobb gas stove
Yeti wine tumblers
.....Aeropress + some decent coffee!
+1 for sliding drawer & Vanessa window bags :)

+1 for sliding drawer & Vanessa window bags :)
The window bags are good, but I've never felt the need for a sliding drawer.

We have two crates, two trays, a double 907 gas box, four stackable plastic drawers and a stove all fitting perfectly below the level of the multiflex. With those and the window bags we can pack everything we could possibly need for a three week European road trip.

IMG_2085.JPG

With the crates, trays and drawers all packed, loading and unloading the boot takes seconds.

IMG_2084.JPG

All that goes above the multiflex is the mattress, bedding and awning.

We have two crates, two trays, a double 907 gas box, four stackable plastic drawers and a stove all fitting perfectly below the level of the multiflex. With those and the window bags we can pack everything we could possibly need for a three week European road trip.

View attachment 54642

With the crates, trays and drawers all packed, loading and unloading the boot takes seconds.

View attachment 54643

Wouldn’t part with the sliding drawer we find it a real benefit

View attachment 54642

View attachment 54643

Always makes me smile when you post this picture @Amarillo the pinnacle of efficient space use. After two years of ownership still trying to perfect our arrangements, but then my wife says I'm OCD!!

Always makes me smile when you post this picture @Amarillo the pinnacle of efficient space use. After two years of ownership still trying to perfect our arrangements, but then my wife says I'm OCD!!
When you have spent a year travelling around Europe, packing and unpacking everything you need for a year travelling every three or four days, you find that on long drives with all passengers fast asleep, your mind won't let alone thoughts of how to pack and unpack everything you need for a year more efficiently.