Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Life of Leisure (battery)

• Thread starter christophergeorge
  • Start date
C

christophergeorge

VIP Member
Hello. Would anyone mind sharing how long their Cali leisure battery has lasted with the fridge on and infrequent phone charges before needing a recharge (ie needing to run the engine). Was hoping for a 4 day stint at a festival without moving the van!

Also, I assume all power sockets in the van bar the one on the dash boars are powered by the leisure battery. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

I've got 4 days out of the leisure battery with fridge on all the time. Didn't use lights or sockets. Fridge switched of automatically some time on the 5th day.

Everything on dash board run off main battery. Everything behind front seats runs off leisure batteries.

Steve

We've done a long weekend without hook-up but with fridge on and using lights etc.The only things I avoid are unnecessary engine starts plus I switch the electric door to manual.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Brilliant replies. Thanks.

A further question! How do I turn off my electric door! Didn't know I could do that!

On the dash, below the button to open the door is a second button - press once to turn the electric door to manual and press again to revert to automatic.

Cheers,

Andy

Back