Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Light pod in roof

Alan

Alan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After reading the manual a number of times on how to open and close the roof,I decided today was going to be the launch !... :eek:

First job was to pull back back the sliding shutter,next job unstrap light pod.....no strap to be found!

I'm guessing with the issue of these light pods being damaged due to them not being unstrapped before the roof is opened maybe there's been a modification made on the new models.

I can't actually see the need for the strap providing the light is repositioned before the roof is closed ?

Would appreciate feedback

Thanks....Alan

Hi Alan I find that if the light is not under the strap it will rattle on the roof blind and drive you crazy :thumb

Our dealer at handover recommended we cut that strap off because he'd seen so many lights destroyed by people forgetting to unstrap the light before pushing the ceiling up. I've not done that, but equally, I've never used the strap. Occasionally I hear the light rattling as a result when driving.

S

Stu said:
Alan is your mattress in the right way around?

Hi stu

As soon as you mentioned mattress.......

I did't unwrap the the bed yesterday.

Just been to check and sure enough found strap on the mattress.... :mrgreen:

I did expect to see the light pod strapped down when I opened the roof first time
I dont recall Anything to tell me otherwise.

Thanks guys, comments appreciated,admin can put this down as no.1 booboo on newbie list!

I regularly try to push up the roof bed without unfastening the light pod.
Fortunately no damage yet.
Slow learner.
:help

Excellent - Disaster averted!!

I always make it a part of my roof closing routine to turn the light on and then off again to ensure it is firmly switched off.

Stu said:
Excellent - Disaster averted!!

I always make it a part of my roof closing routine to turn the light on and then off again to ensure it is firmly switched off.

Yep, me too. I always check the light before finally closing the sliding cover. It is easily knocked into the 'on' position and could burn the mattress or roof canvas.

Rilla said:
Alan said:
I should have read the manual properly.

Just off to Specsavers..... :headbang

Get 2 for 1 and keep one in the Cali :smile

Cheers for That Rilla ... :lol:

Your ahead of me here I was about to compose this;

Let's have a few witty comments here,thats what attracted me to this forum.
I promise not to take Anything personel,so long we have a laugh!... :thumb

Cheers...Alan

Yes, I can confirm that if you forget to switch the light pod off, or even more worrying, if it gets nudged on due to vibration, and it is strapped with the lens positioned against the side of the mattress, it will scorch the mattress fabric. As a result, I now always make sure that the lens faces away from the mattress.
Has anyone managed to replace the light pod halogen bulb with an LED fitting?

wojtek said:
Yes, I can confirm that if you forget to switch the light pod off, or even more worrying, if it gets nudged on due to vibration, and it is strapped with the lens positioned against the side of the mattress, it will scorch the mattress fabric. As a result, I now always make sure that the lens faces away from the mattress.
Has anyone managed to replace the light pod halogen bulb with an LED fitting?

It has been done by SimplyDubs

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=308&hilit=led+light

Dumb question, as our reading light appears to have failed - how do you actually get at the bulb in the upstairs light? We have prodded and twisted and poked but no success.

The back, switch part, unscrews anticlockwise to get to the bulb.

Ah ha! Thank you. That gave me confidence to twist it hard enough.

Back