Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lights on an SE

Elfie

Elfie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello all, long time reader but no camper yet... I wondered if you could please help me? We had hoped to be buying an Ocean in the next month but a little bit less cash than hoped means we will probably be more in the market for an SE. Yay to any Cali though My problem is that I have done so much research (too much my husband would say ) on the T6 and I don’t know as much about the T5. My husband wants to move as soon as we can and although a lot of the things I have learnt are similar in both vans, I have a couple of questions. I wondered if the T5 has the same headlight problems as the T6? We were set on LED lights on the Ocean but I can’t see this mentioned anywhere in SE models. Are the standard lights fine? Is there anything else I need to look out for? Thanks so much in advance!

No leds on the SE at best you find some with xenons. When I was looking people prefered sat nav over better lights.
The standard lights are fine but a set of osram night breakers or Philips 150% improve things.
When buying do the usual vehicle checks, plus check all interior fittings work correctly and get the roof up and down. Have a good look at the canvas even worth taking a little step to check higher up.
Good luck with your search.

Hello and welcome
Become a VIP member to gain access to some superp check lists!
For the SE: Check the bubbles/roof sealant, standart radio is fine, we upgradet for a aftermarket AUX line in/ipod and changed the bulbs as mentioned.

Hope you find a T5 soon!

Back