An Ocean disguised as a Coast

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What does the V5 state as the vehicle description ?

Kevthegas

Kevthegas

2018 204ps, Dsg 4 Motion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I just had a look for that Cali on the Vw used site.
It does look like an Ocean, beware tho on the packs list it has :-
  • Premium front seat pack - California
  • Comfort seats + lumbar support + armrest
I think this may be comfort seats with height adjustment without swivel seats ????
Make sure you check this out and search

Last edited:
rod_vw

rod_vw

Vehicle
Motorhome
Ask the selling dealer to send you a copy of a 'Car Data Print' for the chassis number of the vehicle. That should give you a full specification of the vehicle as it was manufactured. If the dealer won't do it for you then ask for the VIN and go to another dealer's parts department and ask for the same print out.
Failing all of that ask the selling dealer for a photo of the sticker in the service book that lists all the PR codes including the chassis number. You can then decode all these codes here http://prsearch.planetvag.com/
That way you should be able to see exactly what you are buying.

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
if you have the chassis number pm it to me i will check for you

Ting Tong

Ting Tong

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It’s a collectors item as a misbuild isn’t it? Coasts have black door handles and it looks like an Ocean to me.

Mr T

Mr T

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Looking at the ad it has an electric roof, they don't look like LED headlights despite the advert saying they are (the spec list on the VW used website is rarely correct) and it states swivel seats but I would check.
Everything about it looks like an Ocean, but if you have any doubts walk away, there are plenty about to pick from.
It's 4 years old and done 10000 miles which some may find appealing but to me it's spent a lot of time standing still not being used.

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
The only real way is to check the chassis number to see what it was built as

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
There’s a few good ones in the for sale section, including one for 75k....every possible option. What a bus. Top drawer.

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
There’s a few good ones in the for sale section, including one for 75k....every possible option. What a bus. Top drawer.
£75K, bet the dealer was laughing when they sold this one!

Vantastic2

Vantastic2

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Ocean = Kitchen,sink,cooker,fridge,wardrobe,electric roof, ect.
Coast= without the above !
simple !!
For me, im not keen on those 'cheep' stickers on the side of the California and if I did change for one in the future would most probably have them removed !

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Ocean = Kitchen,sink,cooker,fridge,wardrobe,electric roof, ect.
Coast= without the above !
simple !!
For me, im not keen on those 'cheep' stickers on the side of the California and if I did change for one in the future would most probably have them removed !
You're on about a Beach not a Coast

Vantastic2

Vantastic2

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
You're on about a Beach not a Coast
Thanks for the confusion, was using an old PFD brochure for T6 and the zoom in is not clear on spec, but can see now for example that there is not a electric pop up on coast or front roof window open ! would make me consider if i change.

Mr T

Mr T

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi EchoRomeo.
I than van in Leeds? DC66XRR? I so then it was mine. - recently part exd for a newer Ocean. I can give any info you want on the van.

Would be great if you could clear up the reasons why the decals say COAST rather than OCEAN, as a coast wasn't available here, so is causing some interest?

Thanks!

VW California Club