Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Liverpool Van Centre

I also was very impressed when we bought our Cali last year and even on some queries the support was relaxed and excellent. Looking forward to using them in future for service support which hopefully is at same high level

The guys here have been amazing and couldn't do enough for me. I have been well satisfied so far.
We had a very poor experience with Liverpool just over 18 months ago, needless to say we didn’t buy from them, we spent our money in Llandudno.

I think we need a bit more detail with the praise. Was this during the ordering process / warranty / diagnosis / regular servicing? How was the service excellent?

I think we need a bit more detail with the praise. Was this during the ordering process / warranty / diagnosis / regular servicing? How was the service excellent?
Bought our ocean from them it was a pre reg 3 months old ,when we complained about some dull tacky film on parts of the van we were told it was fall out ? we went else where it turned out to be a delivery coating left on, the second dealer cleaned it all off . and reapplied the autoshine which we received a full refund for

Had mine serviced with first MOT Last week and also a few warranty issues I wanted sorting.
Couldnt fault the service, cheap enough and thorough, found no faults.
warranty issues were intermittent cupboard light, which they wanted to replace the whole light... I asked them not to, as it was the relay under the fridge and the power feed from the battery. Got ignored, then they came back and said it was the relay which they changed, but not the power feed, now when I use the vanity light in the sun visor the rear light comes on, so it will have to go back again.
Second is a popped double glazing panel, rear window, got totally fobbed off with this as they said it’s internal misting and the air con would get rid of it...wtf.
As for sales though when I bought, couldn’t fault them. Very good.
Same can’t be said for aftercare unfortunately.

Last edited:
The ordering and buying process has been excellent. My salesman went out of his way to accommodate me and what I wanted. This was even when I changed my mind about the vehicle I ordered and wanted something else. I don't praise people for the sake of it. I give credit where it is due.

Order and delivery process was excellent, good communication throughout. Problem with fridge was resolved quickly and efficiently again with excellent communication.

The guys here have been amazing and couldn't do enough for me. I have been well satisfied so far.
Another donny cali. Welcome. You will enjoy getting out of Doncaster in that.

We had a very poor experience with Liverpool just over 18 months ago, needless to say we didn’t buy from them, we spent our money in Llandudno.
So the pattern of poor service for us from Liverpool Van Centre continues.
Firstly it was the sales department in 2018, then the service department in May 2019.
Due to lockdown we had to use them again today as we are unable to travel to Llandudno our preferred choice.
10 days ago they booked us in for a diagnostic re an intermittent oil light.
Cali was duly dropped off early this morning, having not heard an update from them by 3pm we telephoned them as we have an hours travel to get to Speke for collection and they are currently closing at 5pm.
The receptionist said she would contact the workshop and phone us back which she duly did about a quarter of an hour later. On returning our call we were told that the workshop had been very busy and had NOT looked at the vehicle so needed to keep it until tomorrow. Three visits three negative experiences with Liverpool, very disappointing. Now we wait to see tomorrow’s outcome.

Lots of communication before I placed my order then zero for the next ten months bar replies every time I chased my cali up.
This despite promises they would keep me informed.
The only time I was contacted without a pre-emptive mail or phone call was when they were checking I was still coming on the day of collection.
Pleasant enough and always apologetic, but only after each time I complained.

I think I am dealing with Adam ( Eburne ) now. Awaiting my Coast later this month.
I am dealing with Adam to. Doing a "click & collect" on Saturday. He seems to be flying by the seat of his pants a little, he seems very busy and everything is last minute. I had the invoice today to be paid by Friday but the address was wrong. I am sure everything will be fine but it has felt a bit nothing, nothing, nothing and then 1 million miles an hour! He's a nice enough lad though.

I am dealing with Adam to. Doing a "click & collect" on Saturday. He seems to be flying by the seat of his pants a little, he seems very busy and everything is last minute. I had the invoice today to be paid by Friday but the address was wrong. I am sure everything will be fine but it has felt a bit nothing, nothing, nothing and then 1 million miles an hour! He's a nice enough lad though.
Adam was self isolating before Xmas. Are you getting a Coast. Colour/options?

So the pattern of poor service for us from Liverpool Van Centre continues.
Firstly it was the sales department in 2018, then the service department in May 2019.
Due to lockdown we had to use them again today as we are unable to travel to Llandudno our preferred choice.
10 days ago they booked us in for a diagnostic re an intermittent oil light.
Cali was duly dropped off early this morning, having not heard an update from them by 3pm we telephoned them as we have an hours travel to get to Speke for collection and they are currently closing at 5pm.
The receptionist said she would contact the workshop and phone us back which she duly did about a quarter of an hour later. On returning our call we were told that the workshop had been very busy and had NOT looked at the vehicle so needed to keep it until tomorrow. Three visits three negative experiences with Liverpool, very disappointing. Now we wait to see tomorrow’s outcome.
That’s interesting BM. We wanted to get back up to Liverpool for our first service but can’t due to lockdown.

We have no internal problems, except for the back cupboard door glue coming unstuck (that I’ve duck taped) so just need the van side of it servicing. There’s a VW authorised DAF centre in Derby that is easy for us to get to so ours is going there next Wed. Fingers crossed it goes well.

That’s interesting BM. We wanted to get back up to Liverpool for our first service but can’t due to lockdown.

We have no internal problems, except for the back cupboard door glue coming unstuck (that I’ve duck taped) so just need the van side of it servicing. There’s a VW authorised DAF centre in Derby that is easy for us to get to so ours is going there next Wed. Fingers crossed it goes well.
I have used Motus at Derby: fine on the mechanicals, absolutely not interested in the habitation. Actively declined to look at something in the hab. Suggested going elsewhere for that.

As an aside have used Campercentrum in Amersfoort NL: excellent. Given we visit NL a lot in normal times I’m quite keen to schedule all servicing with them.

Got our Beach back late morning. One comment we would make is we were told it had been taken on a test run. However when we checked the mileage it was exactly the same as when we dropped it off.

Hi Moz

Yes it's a Coast, it was what they ordered for stock (I Paid the deposit in November) so it has their "standard" options, reverse camera, bellows upgrade, Privacy glass, bed extension and metallic paint. They have just sent me the first picture!
image001.jpg
they are sending the walk round video in the morning.

Hi Moz

Yes it's a Coast, it was what they ordered for stock (I Paid the deposit in November) so it has their "standard" options, reverse camera, bellows upgrade, Privacy glass, bed extension and metallic paint. They have just sent me the first picture!
View attachment 71913
they are sending the walk round video in the morning.
Hey. That looks lovely. Std 16 inch Claytons. Same spec as mine.

I'm dealing with Adam now as apparently James has left. He told me too that he'd been self isolating hence delay in responding to my email. Ordered a Coast too, expected delivery 1 Feb but probably will be later than that now as it's still in build.

Hey. That looks lovely. Std 16 inch Claytons. Same spec as mine.
Thanks. Yes it has the Claytons, they will be the 1st thing to go TBH, I am looking for a set of 18"s. Then I will be trying to retro fit front fogs although it's looking like it will cost 4 x the cost of a factory fit. Still I can't complain, it looks like I have saved 4 to 6 months on a bespoke factory order so I consider myself fortunate!

Thanks. Yes it has the Claytons, they will be the 1st thing to go TBH, I am looking for a set of 18"s. Then I will be trying to retro fit front fogs although it's looking like it will cost 4 x the cost of a factory fit. Still I can't complain, it looks like I have saved 4 to 6 months on a bespoke factory order so I consider myself fortunate!
Hmmm. I’ve been looking for aftermarkets fogs myself but I don’t think anyone is doing them yet. I think it’s because the T6.1 has not got established in the aftermarket world yet. If you find any let us know please. I’ll leave my Claytons on I think. They look ok and I drive carefully so don’t care about handling as long as it’s comfy enough.

Back