Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Living the California dream

Buddy

Buddy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My wife and I started our camper van adventures many years ago with a Mazda Bongo. We enjoyed it so much that we bought a motor home but soon found they were more for the "oldies" more about that in a mo. In 2011 we bought a new Cali and enjoyed 4 years of ownership but then got the motor home bug again going for a larger unit with all mod cons. Well happy to say this weekend we bought another Cali, used but very well cared for and we are so pleased to be travelling in a camper again, taken at least 10 years off our lifestyle which is great as we are both retired but not admitting to being "oldies"

Welcome (again) Buddy!
Nice to have you back on track!
Cheers sapto
Welcome friends.
We did exactly the same went big and although it was good it was sat on the drive most of the time then went medium that was good now we’re back we’re we started with a cali..love it

Welcome, even after having reached the maximum comfort in years when we moved from the bike and tent, to the small and old caravan, the new caravan, the old camper, and the new and comfortable camper ... well now and after years of admiration and desire, we sold the camper and we ordered our California Ocean bicolor !! We hope to arrive at the end of March and begin to take us to all those places where the big and cumbersome means never allowed us to arrive .... we can not wait and in the meantime we hope to solve the well-known problems with emissions. .:(

Welcome back! :welcome

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Glad you've seen the light.

I know you lose space and probably a toilet and shower etc but I know which I would rather have!

Lounging on a rainy day watch TV drinking coffee from the Nespresso machine with a wife & two teenagers and a dog is likely better in the big one but that is not why I switched.

Lounging on a rainy day watch TV drinking coffee from the Nespresso machine with a wife & two teenagers and a dog is likely better in the big one but that is not why I switched.
Days like that are what pubs are there for lol

Every year when we do a big trip, we get big van envy. But a tight twisty road or trying to find a parking spot in a popular location reminds us how fortunate we are to be in a California.

It’s not without its challenges, but overall I know it’s the best vehicle for what we need.

Campervans rock:cool:

Back