Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ppssttt.... Am I allowed in yet?

M

MisterTea

VIP Member
Hello.... I'm in the process of finding and buying a Cali.. So not yet an 'owner'. Hope that's not a problem, seeing as this is an owners forum.

Well, since I know camper owners are lovely people, ill keep my fingers crossed that my account isn't deleted.

This will be my third van... My first bought back in 1990 was a Danbury converted 1971 bay window... I loved that one, rebuilt engines and serviced her myself. I passed her onto a new owner in 2005 and she is being restored for the second time. We currently run around in a 1989 T25 auto sleeper with a pop top... And lover her too... But last summer we trundled down to the French alps in her for 3 weeks and on the journey home we promised ourselves a new van (those really long journeys are not much fun in the oldies any more)

So currently in process of buying a madly specd 2011 van. Seems the owner ticked all the options boxes and then found more options that aren't even advertised... He must have spent a fortune on this beauty, but then again he works in the VW business so guess it wasn't anything near list price.

Fingers crossed, well have a new camper before the months end...... :D

Hi there welcome. You are more than welcome we all started somewhere the forum
Should help you in choosing the right van plenty of knowledgable people on here :thumb enjoy
And keep us posted

Welcome along, it'll be good to know what extras the van has.

Extras.. In no particular order:
Brandrups isotec goretex liner for upstairs
DynAudio VW top spec sound system
Window deflectors (from my experiance especialy great when camping if its raining, letting in air movement, without letting in the wet)
4motion, with added mechanical diff lock to get out of soggy wet fields
Safe box
Monster mats
IPhone connection
Bluetooth connection
Mud flaps
Black awning
Side rails (powder coated black to match the wheels)
Sportline black 18" wheels
Sportline front skirting
LED day driving lights (always on with ignition, looks like bright eyeliner for headlights)
Xenon headlights
Headlight washers
Climatronic 3point aircon with heated seats
Cruise control
6.5" touch screen satnav
Electric power opening/closing side door
Parking sensors front n rear
VW Bike rack
Rain sensing wipers
Auto dimming rear mirror
Brandrups full length carpeting with vertical carpet mats on sides in rear.
Comfort matress

My god that's a lot of extra's no wonder my van hasn't got many :laugh2 :laugh2

thats true kev ....leave some extras for others please .... :lol:

That does sound quite special, and probably very rare to have Xenon headlights.

Thanks all for compliments on the new one... Can't wait to start enjoying her. Pick her up on Friday... As my girls say, only 6 sleeps left :bananadance

So this weekend it's time to do a deep clean on our old T25 Autosleeper... Lots of great memories tied up in her, but time for a new chapter and get her ready to pass onto someone who can give her the care she deserves.

Hope Friday comes quickly for you. :bananadance

Mister T- you may find that's 2 nights and one sleepless with excitement! :)

Looked at buying this one spec is off the scale. I decided to for a DSG didn't think it would be long before it was snapped up.

Picking our new one up Thursday also very excited :D

Hope you have great times with it.

Linda said:
Mister T- you may find that's 2 nights and one sleepless with excitement! :)
You might be right there... This one has been a long time coming... Been saving and researching for past 10 years, ever since first launched in 2003. Can't believe it's so close to reality.

Only 17hours till pickup..... Why does the clock go so quickly when ive got a work deadline to meet, but slowly when I'm watching it?

Thanks all.. Yes picked her up.. Fantastic levels of detailed instruction from Justin at Coventry VW... Spent a good 2 hours doing handover. Clean and perfectly setup ready for us. Drove home via Ikea to kit out crockery and soft furnishing things.. Despite the horrid blustery sleet and snowy drive home, we are Very happy :)