Lock on drive away

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
The doors are not locking on drive away.
Have it set on in options.
Tried the following.
Ignition off. Bonnet open. Ign on
Set locking of.
Switch of ign. Close bonnet
Turn on engine.
Switch off. And open door. Open bonnet.
Get in, close door. IGN on, set door lock close when drive away.
IGN off. Door open, bonnet shut.
Drive away and test.
Doors do not lock.
Any ideas ?

Doors do not lock.
Any ideas ?
Looks like the relevant entry on the bcm is zv autolock. Here's the obdeleven entry:

Screenshot_20230314-085224.png

You'll need something similar to check.

I think the 4th item allows setting from the head unit.

Looks like the relevant entry on the bcm is zv autolock. Here's the obdeleven entry:

View attachment 105912

You'll need something similar to check.

I think the 4th item allows setting from the head unit.
Thanks, I haven’t got a carista yet to try via OBD port.
And yes I’m trying to change it via the head unit.
6.1 Ocean.
But it dosent want to change via the head unit

Changed via Carista.
Lock on drive away and block on choosing park in the auto box.
Still dosent work.
Will try resetting the infotainment back to default to see if I can get it to work.

I wondered if anybody else uses this feature and does it work okay ?

I wondered if anybody else uses this feature and does it work okay ?
Works fine on mine, as its a feature shown in the handbook along with instructions on how to turn it on & off shouldn't your dealer be sorting it out?

Why are you messing about with opening bonnet etc ? it should just be the simple toggle in controls. If that doesn't work its VWs problem.

Works fine on mine, as its a feature shown in the handbook along with instructions on how to turn it on & off shouldn't your dealer be sorting it out?

Why are you messing about with opening bonnet etc ? it should just be the simple toggle in controls. If that doesn't work its VWs problem.
Good to know.
I don't have time to go to the dealer this month, I'll go next month.
The reason for opening the bonnet is (I wanted to stop the bing bing noise with Ignition on (a door open) and closing roof, you can turn this off with crista. That's the main reason I bought carista. and you need the bonnet open, after wathcing California Time on You Tube)
So after many times using the manual and trying to get drive away locking working.
I thought I'd try it using carista.
Drive away locking dosent work with carista. Either.
In the menu of carista, it mentions to reset the infotainment to factory default if this dosent work.
I've messaged my Ghost installer to ask if the Ghost on the canbus would affect the drive away auto lock, and he is going to ask the manufacturer.
I'll reset the infotainment today and see if that is the fix. Documenting on here for other people if they see the same issue.

I have exactly the same problem on my cali. I’ve tried everything. reset the infotainment. Deleting the users and repairing the keys etc. the strange thing is it has work on the odd occasion when I first got the van a few weeks ago.

Greetings.
Bit of an update.It Appears my door locking problem is an issue with the Ghost 2 i have fitted to the cali.
The master mechanic at my local vw dealer he put his finger on it straight away . Having it corrected on friday by autowatch

Greetings.
Bit of an update.It Appears my door locking problem is an issue with the Ghost 2 i have fitted to the cali.
The master mechanic at my local vw dealer he put his finger on it straight away . Having it corrected on friday by autowatch
I wonder what else a Ghost installation can inadvertently effect?

I wonder what else a Ghost installation can inadvertently effect?
I’ve used every single button and nob, the drive away locking function is the only thing that I thought the ghost might be the problem….

Greetings.
Great news Rob, I’ll contact Autowatch and ask them to get my ghost updated.

It’s been fixed. My installer added a relay to my ghost. Works perfectly now.
Good stuff.
I wonder if you could send a PM with the details so I could let my ghost installer know please ?

Good stuff.
I wonder if you could send a PM with the details so I could let my ghost installer know please ?
That’s not a lot more that I can tell you To be honest. When the installer turned up he just showed me a relay and said I need to add this. They have them in range rovers. He had spoken to autowatch and they advised him.

California was in VW Coventry for two weeks, having a relacquer.
They say they didn’t change anything.
But now drive away locking works !!!