Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lockdown Haircut

Adamvanman

Adamvanman

VIP Member
I was due to go to the barbers on Monday and was actually overdue then, I am now possibly not going to be able to get my hair cut for a few months .

Do I allow the wife to cut my hair or do I just take the dogs grooming clippers to it ?

Shave it off, if you do it quick it will have grown back before we are allowed out again

Did mine the other day in the back garden. Number 3 all over. Saved myself £10 in the process.
Same here, the sooner it’s cut the longer it’s got to grow back.

Same ere, bought these as lockdown was looming. 15€
First time ever that ive cut my own hair - a grown up helper did the back -
I might continue cutting it myself, its not bad at all.

IMG_8327.JPG

One tip if going down the DIY route. A couple of drinks before getting the cutters out is not a good idea. Tends to make the calibration of the clippers a bit of a challenge and you get a bit over enthusiastic. Took weeks for the trench I cut to grow back!

One tip if going down the DIY route. A couple of drinks before getting the cutters out is not a good idea. Tends to make the calibration of the clippers a bit of a challenge and you get a bit over enthusiastic. Took weeks for the trench I cut to grow back!
A reverse Mohican!

The downside of it is that it’s a bit ‘Phil Mitchell’. But the plus side is that some of my locks are now lining a few blue tit’s nests.
I was about to make the same comment... I always leave the dogs hair out for the birds. Had a couple of crows taking clumps from the garden the other day...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have cut my own (with wife's assistance) for ever since retirement.
This is the kit:P3310088.JPG
The Wahl was bought for a fiver at a car boot sale in it's box with clippers. (suspect previously used on a dog.
The SilverCrest was a Lidl purchase for 9 euros Austria.
Both are very effective as can be seen by the results after one session a couple of summers ago:DSCN1503.JPG
I try hard not to scare the children.

Last edited:
I can’t see it catching on. Unfortunately my hair looks like that without any help from clippers.

The wife is attempting this at weekend but we only have dog grooming clippers, will they do the same job?

The wife is attempting this at weekend but we only have dog grooming clippers, will they do the same job?

Careful....

969e1973460ab466afc04807d5c96777.jpg

Mike

Just watch out what colour you dye your hair after the clipping:

1587121630695.png

See #15; my clippers are ex dog groomers and they do the job fine. (or as well as can be expected)

Being born in the late 50's I have to admit that there was a period in my youth when my hair was almost shoulder length. On looking in the mirror this morning I started to wonder if this lockdown is going to continue long enough for my hair to reach my shoulders again...…………… I hope not; not sure I want the shampoo bill either.....

Back