Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lockdown Pleasures

You are spot on, it's maybe 15 years old. My now teenage sons rather than mine. My first was an audi quatro and a porshe 911.
My first set had two Vanwalls, one blue, one British racing green. Added many cars over the years. Bought myself a digital set about 7 years ago. Great fun!

And what about TCR, doe.s anyone remember that racing set
Total Control Racing! How about Scalextric 1.24? Normal sets were 1:32 but for a limited time they did bigger ones.

That's a great idea. Scalextric out again this weekend so a bit of crafting with my daughter followed by a short race and the photo finish confirms it once and for all. Ocean is better than Beach.

View attachment 57664

But which one won...?
Looks great

I am discovering a new friend : myself !

I am not such an outdoor person, and I love the recent trips with Cali, where I also get to know myself differently. I got Escargotine in November and would have been in Scotland, if...

I live in a quiet place, and it is, incredible ! quieter !

My dog walks me... and I feel very lucky.

I do lots, apart from netflix : sewing masks has been an occupation recently, and feeling useful is nice...

I will be among the lasts to come out, last year this time, I was with chemo... in a way, I am used to confinement, as we say around me, Spain & France...

Loneliness took me close to suicide in my 30's. Now, 63, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being alone !

Great post, indeed ! Thank you <3

No worries, you will never find your California again.

At least it will be an environmental friendly California.

Ideal for stealth camping.

I have to confess I am enjoying lockdown, with some regrets.

I am missing social contact but I am beginning to enjoy the feeling of forced idleness. For four weeks I have been waking up with "must get on, got things to do" in my head, now I am quite enjoying "things to do, can't do them"....

I am reliving my childhood: just finished a jigsaw puzzle, fist time in about 65 years that I've done one! I've bought a skipping rope and learning to skip again: I now run just for exercise, no longer training for an event and worrying myself over time and distance.

So many things: I am now back to teaching, through an online resource run by the institute for Historic Research, but pleasure, not career, for the love of it. Patience has always been a virtue that I have been seriously deficient in, I am using this break as a supplement to restore my levels from being deficient to being merely low end of normal.

It is a wretched, horrible time for many. In some ways I feel guilty that I am feeling this way.

Lock down means we can really enjoy our garden,
Eating healthy meals and sleeping out!
Noise from traffic limited to tractors in the fields and occasional RAF jets out playing which is spectacular to see.

1587449525135.jpeg

Back