Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locking cap for water tank

davetherave

davetherave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Need to open locking cap for the water tank dealer says he gave me the keys but never had them what does the key look like ? And if I need to how to get of without key

Need to open locking cap for the water tank dealer says he gave me the keys but never had them what does the key look like ? And if I need to how to get of without key
Dave, they look like ordinary keys. Here is a photo of cap and keys. The design has changed slightly over time but as your van is a T6 they should look very similar to these. Mine has an "STS" logo on them. Sorry can't help to access without key.
waterfiller.jpg

If it are still theasame as on a T5 it should look like this
IMG_4479.JPG

Most lose the cap still having both keys....:D

Yup - they still look exactly like that. Racking my brains to remember where the keys were when I picked up the van. I think the dealer gave them to me with the other keys. Both were on a single key ring because I do remember splitting them up and putting one on a ring with each of my van keys. Took a bit longer to find the 'safe'keys which we eventually found - yes - in the safe (which was unlocked at the time).

You have checked that it is actually locked I guess .................

I never carry that key with me .
It sits in the small compartiment above in the roofconsole
The one i use has lost its plastic ...the one in the pic above is the spare even on thatone you can see the plastic beeing cracked already, VW quality...
Think the cap goes of easy using a screwdriver and i don't mean the cocktail....;)

I suspect each dealer may leave the keys in a different location, but in my case they were both left in the top pocket in the passenger door.

I suspect each dealer may leave the keys in a different location, but in my case they were both left in the top pocket in the passenger door.
The dealer should point out where each key stands for and hand them over ,
handing over still stands for handing over and not just leaving it somewhere in the verhicle.
Those are essential things a dealer should take care of.

The dealer should point out where each key stand for and hand them over ,
handing over still stands for handing over and not just leaving it somewhere in the verhicle.

The dealer did show me where they were as part of the handover brief.

The dealer should point out where each key stands for and hand them over ,
I agree! Its not a handover if things are left for one to discover......

Thanks for your help see what the dealer comes up with

Thanks for your help see what the dealer comes up with
The dealer should have a checklist of what he gave you / went through with you. If it's not ticked off on the checklist (which you should have been given a copy of) then you haven't had them. At least that's the position I would take.