Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loire Aire recommendation please

Julie and Archie

Julie and Archie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi. I'm travelling to Dordogne. Will cross and stay at Calais aire but will probably stop again en route in Loire. Any recommendations for quiet aire, near to village/town so can walk to cafe. Thanks in anticipation

hi. I'm travelling to Dordogne. Will cross and stay at Calais aire but will probably stop again en route in Loire. Any recommendations for quiet aire, near to village/town so can walk to cafe. Thanks in anticipation
Watching this thread as we may be doing this route too, just depends where the sun will be, may be Italy if it's warmer there!

Dampierre sur loire, old campsite, toilets, trees, grass, restaurant opposite, shops nearby, Saumur not too far.

Both the Loire and Dordogne are quite long rivers, so without an idea of where you're headed specifically it's difficult to recommend a specific Aire, however this is a very useful website. I've used it many a time to plan overnights in France and we've found some real gems. Should it be convenient to your route there is an Aire in Amboise on the Rue du Clos Lucé, that is pretty quiet, has zero facilities, costs 4Euro but is a short and pleasant walk into the town centre.