Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Look what I made

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I finally found the time to make a comfort mattress cover for my Beach using some eBay canvass and my wife's sewing machine.

It's always bugged me that the mattress is hard to carry around and that I have to keep it in the delivery plastic to keep it dust free when it lives on top of the wardrobe in Winter. Also it's protected when in the van if I want to leave in there for a week or two between trips or if I want to hang it in the garage during the summer months.

Cost under £40 to make including canvas and a long zip. I have quite a bit of canvas left over as well.

I also made some straps so it won't move from the multiplex board

Quite pleased with it for a days work :)

Mid production

I finally found the time to make a comfort mattress cover for my Beach using some eBay canvass and my wife's sewing machine.

It's always bugged me that the mattress is hard to carry around and that I have to keep it in the delivery plastic to keep it dust free when it lives on top of the wardrobe in Winter. Also it's protected when in the van if I want to leave in there for a week or two between trips or if I want to hang it in the garage during the summer months.

Cost under £40 to make including canvas and a long zip. I have quite a bit of canvas left over as well.

I also made some straps so it won't move from the multiplex board

Quite pleased with it for a days work :)

Mid production

That looks great.

Back