Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protecting the comfort mattress

Redpanda

Redpanda

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
we have the VW comfort mattress for the downstairs bed. However for day to day use of the Cali, I'm a little nervous this will soon get grubby. What do you use to keep it protected when not in use? Anything neat and tidy? Or just a sheet.

I used to have a sheet of kite making cloth, lightweight drip-proof nylon, that I covered the mattress with when folded back. Got it from bay, about £5.

Funnily enough just this afternoon Mrs B has made a cover made from an old sheet for the top part of the mattress. It's an envelope and is double sided. We're not worried about day use, but more worried about when we're away. We sleep downstairs and use a duvet under us and one on top. Makes things very cozy. The only problem is that if you do this the underneath duvet (a double) isn't long enough and your feet would then be on the mattress. Up to now we've used a sheet on that part but the new solution means we can turn the new cover the other way round as well as using it the other way out so 4 weeks of a new side and the mattress is protected.

we have the VW comfort mattress for the downstairs bed. However for day to day use of the Cali, I'm a little nervous this will soon get grubby. What do you use to keep it protected when not in use? Anything neat and tidy? Or just a sheet.
+1 For the Comfort downstairs mattress cover. They make a plain cover, that I have, and a waterproof one. See the Forum shop for details.

+1 For the Comfort downstairs mattress cover. They make a plain cover, that I have, and a waterproof one. See the Forum shop for details.
Thanks for this. Which one would you recommend more? Does the standard one crease quite a lot?
All the best

Thanks for this. Which one would you recommend more? Does the standard one crease quite a lot?
All the best
I have the plain. Well fitted and mine doesn't crease.

We also have the Comfortz protector, any spills or marks wash off nicely, only down size it was a squeeze to fit it but I guess that means you end up with a nice snug fit.

We also have the Comfortz mattress cover and then put a small double fitted sheet over that for sleeping on (it's also easy to take on and off to wash).

Ah thanks. I'll check out the shop. Although I might go with grannyjens idea and fashion my own. Had thought of just a blanket but think something a little more drip proof better.

Ikea mattress protector on both our up and down beds. Fits OK and it's not costing a small fortune!

Made this to slip on, keeps mattress clean and dry. A single quilt cover also fits 20150828_114051.jpg 20150828_114105.jpg

Back