Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking at a 2011 Cali...

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
But little to go on at present - have checked the downloads but this is between the 2010 and 2012 brochure years.

Is there a timeline anywhere on site of incremental spec changes between the main 2010 T5 to T5.1 and T5 to T6?

It has large screen sat nav - does anyone know which unit they fitted at this time?

Also is the interior the darker wood like the T6?

I believe they had the 240v inverter at this point too?

Last edited:
Also wanting to check the service schedule - I know the regular services are two years or service indicator as usual but when is the cambelt and DSG box oil change intervals on these?

The cambelt is 4 years I believe the stereo is probably a rns510 s the T5 from 2004 -2009
T5.1 face-lift March 2010 -2016 T6 2016-
Yes inverter fitted

Thanks Kev, I now understand the unit was a Kenwood VW option?

I queried the service history as I presumed VW would do what is required but the last service was at 4.5 years so they should have flagged up the cam belt/tensioners (and I presume water pump??)

I also read somewhere that DSG box needs four year oil changes?

If it's a 180 then you might want to read up on the thread about 180 engines from around that period.

No, 140 pleased to say - have read on that already and yes, will keep clear. :)

But little to go on at present - have checked the downloads but this is between the 2010 and 2012 brochure years.

Is there a timeline anywhere on site of incremental spec changes between the main 2010 T5 to T5.1 and T5 to T6?

It has large screen sat nav - does anyone know which unit they fitted at this time?

Also is the interior the darker wood like the T6?

I believe they had the 240v inverter at this point too?

It'll be a facelift so probably the RNS510 Sat Nav, but honesty wouldn't base any purchasing decisions on the stereo as these are easily changeable. You can also fit the latest VW / Kenwood sat nav, DNX516DABS the original Kenwood one was rubbish.

You'll have the plug socket in the piller with inverter and also the plug socket on the kitchen unit for when hooked up.

It'll be the lighter cupboards than the T6, otherwise interior / camping stuff is pretty much identical.

I don't think the T5 changed much from 2010-2015 so any brochure should work.

Oil change on the DSG is 40k miles.

Cam belt and water pump should be changed together at 140k miles or 4 years, which ever is the sooner.

The cupboard laminate is a pale wood effect design at that age.

RDS 310, 315 or 510, 515 were the options for the radio I believe.

The inverter, run off the leisure batteries, on the B pillar behind the passenger seat was fitted from 2010 MY limited to 150Watts on a continental 2 pin socket. A UK 13amp socket was also fitted on the end of the kitchen unit from this date (previously a continental Schuko socket) which is only live when on hook up

Alan

Thanks all, thanks Alan. Is the DSG change not 4 years too (as well as 40k) - on the basis similarly to oil changes I guess that low use (ie typically town, lots of stop/start/stationary/dragging etc) is just as detrimental?

Anyone have typical VW service prices please for the belt/pump and DSG oil change?

Thanks all, thanks Alan. Is the DSG change not 4 years too (as well as 40k) - on the basis similarly to oil changes I guess that low use (ie typically town, lots of stop/start/stationary/dragging etc) is just as detrimental?

Anyone have typical VW service prices please for the belt/pump and DSG oil change?
Cambelt/Water Pump is a VW fixed price item about £516 inc: VAT

DSG about £180 + VAT.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/2nd-year-40-000-mile-service.16471/

Cheers WG, interesting topic there and shows yet again how high potential costs four or five years into typical ownership are just another factor that may make new rather than used financially a more sensible route given Cali residuals above all else.

Makes little difference for me at 20,000 miles per year. Cost of ownership. At least I have these Service items done due to mileage rather than time.:thumb

Back