Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on this 2011 California SE

the all original ones are generally more desirable,

I couldn't agree more, but I do question how T5 Cali's will be viewed when are as old as T4 Westy's are now.

There were very few T4's imported vs the huge quantities of T5 and T6 Cali's sold domestically, so the newer ones are unlikely to have that 'collectors item' feel that has begun to surround the better and more original T4s.

I wouldn't buy this van for Maxs & others mechanical and commercial reasons above.

Perhaps the disdain for the leather is along the same lines as the mild snobbishness occasionally shown on this forum toward conversions with fabric lining?

Irony being same folks then get the Inka covers over their factory seats on day one ... ;)

Irony being same folks then get the Inka covers over their factory seats on day one ...
I think many do that because they are fully aware that maximising their resale value involves keeping their van original. 5 years (of potentially slightly sweaty) use, whip off the Inkas and it's as good as it left the factory. Going leather in this colour is a very personal and (AFAIK) irreversible choice.

I understand many don't worry about resale and focus solely on their own enjoyment. I respect that group but I can't afford to join it whilst maintaining my relaxed lifestyle choices ;)

I paid a little bit more for a 14 plate in mint condition and it was still in warranty. Mine has thousands of pounds of extras too. So keep looking. Sorry.

Cam Belt changed. ??? think they are out on those dates
I agree that is not right and the dealer should know it.
Every 4 years or 140k miles, which every comes sooner is the VW rule for the T5 engine.

Alan

On the leather, I am definitely not a fan in this colour.

However our 2007 SE has a black leather aftermarket interior and it was one of the things that drew us to the van. It's been done really well and we prefer it to the cloth for both looks and practicality.

[/QUOTE]

Yes thats the one

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I would say - are you sure the leather actually IS leather? My 9 year old Cali was sold as having leather seats but turned out to be alcantara, which is not leather. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake by the dealer (mostly sells larger motorhomes) and they've been more than fair with me over another problem, so I'm not bothered but anyone buying a used cali, be aware as it could be a good bargaining point.

Back