Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking to buy

A

AlexGL00000000

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello, we've previously had Bongos and are now looking to buy a new Cali Beach. I'd be grateful for any tips on how and where to actually see a new vehicle (local dealers in E Sussex don't have a demonstrator), and any other tips from those who've bought new. Many thanks.

Check the VW website it will tell you which dealers have what in stock however I don't think many have much stock. When we bought our Coast we were allowed to view (but not test drive) a Coast that had just arrived for another customer so that may be an option. We test drove a Caravelle and to drive it is pretty much the same. Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.

Thanks - yes, the website listed local dealers but the first I tried said they didn't have any Calis in stock / demonstrators. And from what they said, it seemed like we might be lucky to find a dealer that did have one.

I actually rang my local big Cali dealer as they weren't showing any used stock. But they did have demo vans. My nearest dealer had some high spec used Beaches in over Christmas but neither are near you. You might have to travel.

Hello, we've previously had Bongos and are now looking to buy a new Cali Beach. I'd be grateful for any tips on how and where to actually see a new vehicle (local dealers in E Sussex don't have a demonstrator), and any other tips from those who've bought new. Many thanks.
Try giving Tonbridge a call. Depending on which side of Sussex you are, they may not be too far.
For pricing, select which options you want and then enter to Drive the deal and Autoebid websites. Even if you’d prefer to buy from a dealer, it will give you an idea of what to aim for when negotiating.

Check the VW website it will tell you which dealers have what in stock however I don't think many have much stock. When we bought our Coast we were allowed to view (but not test drive) a Coast that had just arrived for another customer so that may be an option. We test drove a Caravelle and to drive it is pretty much the same. Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.
thanks a lot, I will check out what you mentioned.

Sure there is a club member near you that would not mind you popping over for a look? We hired before we bought.

When you come to buy just use Drive The Deal. Miss out the middle man and go straight to full discount.

Try and hire one for a few nights. Nice mini holiday too! This time of year you should have good availability

If you fancy a drive, Leicester VW have loads of Oceans in stock, I test drove one 2 weeks ago, in terms of buying one, I’ve just ordered from Breeze Poole (Tom on here) better price than DTD and super responsive service… let’s just say leicester weren’t interested in having a deal… which probably explains why they have so many in stock

Leicester also (used to) allow extended test drives over a number of days - at a fee cheaper than most hire companies. We hired from here for our first experience.

We hired from @Soton Campers before buying - Darryl is a mine of information. He has a fleet of T6.1 Oceans. Highly recommended as a way to try before you buy.