Lost Eberspacher remote for 2010. Help please

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
It must be part of the aging process but I can't lay my hands on the HEATER remote for my 2010 which has now sold. I'm in danger of driving myself mad looking for it. I'm sure I had it a few days ago.
I've told the new owner that I'll either find it or pay (the crazy) money to set him up with a replacement.

So I'm looking for help from those that have gone through the process of buying and coding replacements for lost heater remotes. This includes how much blood VW are going to extract to code a new one.

I'd also like help identifying the exact model of remote that was shipping in 2010 (facelift). If you have a 2010 van, could you look for a part code or post a photo of the remote.

I've read everything posted on the forum about this, and in the past, SMGparts gave a part number 7N0963511 but that is bringing up a part for the Webasto and has an small oval remote.

From memory, mine was more like this:
remote.jpg
This is showing as p/number 7e0963511b, but for 2012 onwards....mine's a 2010. The same number ending with 'a' rather than b looks similar but seems less available.

My spare keys still have a black plastic strip attached with a 7 digit code. On my new Ocean, that same strip is attached to the heater remote (which I've not lost yet!). I'm wondering if this is coding info for the remote?

Your help will be much appreciated.

If you are reading this is 12 months time and have also lost your remote, do get in touch as I know I'll find mine the day after I buy a new one ;)

Thanks Loz. There seems to be an A, a B and a C. I can pick up a C cheap, but not sure if they are backward compatible.

It might be quicker for another member with same varient to give you their key part number.
I am sure I have previously read the programming instructions.
Goes somthing like pull the fuse put fuse back in press button within 30 seconds...

Have yourself hypnotized. You will then be able to recall the location of the lost remote!

I have a 2010 van.

The part number on the inside of my remote is
7E0 963511
no suffix of A.B or C

A supplementary number is 22 1000 33 60 00 but that may be a makers number.
It is dated 38/09 if that is any help.

It looks that same as the one in your post.

Have added a picture.

Alan

fullsizeoutput_5c1.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you Alan. Much appreciated.

Just opened the remote that came with my 2017 Ocean. It's suffix B, but the 22 1000 33 60 00 is the same.
The EBO number is 213 H21 whereas on Alan's above it's 210 H21.

The plot thickens but I'm not sure how to go forward. I'll throw myself at the feet of a mate (Henry) I made at VW Liverpool parts when I got my Ocean. Need to practice my Scouse tomorrow.

Just an update on this. The part code ending in B is, according to vw Liverpool (who have been very helpful but have never replaced one) compatible back to 2010. They suggest the A or no suffix isn't available, which would support this view.

I've managed to pick up a B cheap on ebay. Official price is £192+vat.....
I asked Liverpool for a price to code a new one to the van, and after consulting around their technical resources, suggest it can be done via the hidden menu in the control pattern.

I'm off to investigate this now (as I've heard of that menu but never seen it). If anyone reading this has used that menu, do you recall seeing anything about the heater remote there?

suggest it can be done via the hidden menu in the control pattern.
Given my digging in this sub menu, there is no means to program it from there. There is an option to select eberspacher (ticked) or webasto, but doesn't seem to be any deeper options. If anyone knows any different, I'd love to hear from them.

The remote has to be paired to the California Heater receiver by a Dealer using the VW Diagnostic software.
Yep I'd seen that so was asking Liverpool how much £. It was then they told me it was done via the control panel...they think!
Manchester have quoted an hours labour to do it, but can't do it for a while, so it looks like I'll be handing the problem onto the new owners (with an hours labour + vat discount) to sort when they are next in for service...or delay the handover.

The webasto remote telestart unit (fitted to other VWs) requires a fuse pulling for 5 seconds then the remote pressing within 6 seconds of powering up. I reckon there is a good chance it's the same process but wouldn't know where to find the telestart unit.

Are you sure it wasn’t in the van? Ours always is because it’s no use at home!

Ours was either stuffed in the cup holder/ashtray thing in the middle or in the little cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel.

Are you sure it wasn’t in the van?
Part of me thinks it was in the van last week, but only because I was putting together all the bits required for sale (touch up paint, 2nd key, bike rack allen key, curtains etc etc). I have a painful image of it in that central ashtray area as I took the van for a valet.....but I'm only 10% of the confidence I'd need to accuse them of losing / robbing it. I never travelled with it. It's all more confusing because I've been handling the one for the new van plus all those spare accessories, and that mental image could hae been the T6. It's driven me mad!
I never used the remote, but am very confident I was given it when I bought the van, as I remember being so pleased that every item on the checklist was there without asking.

Which controller do you have? Is it any of these?
Loz, I have a limited understanding of how it works, but I had in the T5 what I've got in the Ocean. From research there seems to be circuitry between the heater itself, the central control panel (obviously) but also a telestart unit...something like this....in between the CC and the heater.
heater telestart.jpg
This is a Webasto version but the eberspacher unit seems very similar. I guess this is the item that receives the signal from the remote control, which is the standard SE/Ocean one shown at the start.

The pairing between the webasto version of the telestart just need a fuse pulling then insert followed quickly by the press of the remote (as the telestart goes into learning mode).
heater procedure 1 official webasto.JPG
My educated guess (but it's a guess) is that this is all VW will do for £98 + vat after a 3 week wait for a slot, so it's frustrating I can't find the extra bit of information that would show either it is the same or indeed that it needs some VW laptop jiggery pokery that is indeed well beyond me.

I don't know where the fuse is (1A above) so can't even try a limited experiment.

I've sourced a brand new remote for sensible money (vs the £198+vat VW want).

It's not the end of the world. If I could drive to VW tomorrow and pay them £120 and drive away sorted, I would, but I'm going to have to ask the new owners to do that (with an appropriate discount) which is disappointing.

xxxxxx

I've sourced a brand new remote for sensible money (vs the £198+vat VW want).

It's not the end of the world. If I could drive to VW tomorrow and pay them £120 and drive away sorted, I would, but I'm going to have to ask the new owners to do that (with an appropriate discount) which is disappointing.[/QUOTE]
2int1 … are you able to reveal the source of the replacement remote? I'll be looking for one for the 08 SE shortly collecting.

Back