Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost pin from fuel cap cover

A

adydye

Hi, I've lost the pin that prevents anyone opening the fuel cap while the door is closed. I can't remember what it looks like and I'm in Spain for the summer.
Can someone please send a pic of what it looks like so I can botch a repair with a screw or something until I can replace it properly?
Cheers,
Ady

Available from your local VW van centre. Here's the part No.

Fuel flap lock stub 7H0809948
0.51p plus VAT in the UK

It is a hard plastic, which just pushes and locks into the metal socket on the fuel flap.

Alan

Or a long bolt and two nuts and lock washers would be a temporary fix if you don't speak the technical lingo. Wrap some insulating tape around the end to stop the head rubbing the paint off the inside of the passenger door.

The local big hypermarket might be able to supply a small pack of bolts.

Alan

I lost the same catch in a car park in Bruges, I suspect someone tried to symphon fuel out as the flap was open when we got back to the cali. I carry nylon cable ties for ad hoc repairs and a small cable tie works well to keep the flap held shut by the door. Got a replacement catch from Breeze of Poole via ebay 90p including postage. VW genuine parts don't come cheaper!

If that plastic pin comes off that easyly , would not it be advisible to change the fuelcap in to a lockable type? Preventing to steal diesel...

Back