Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost spaces

Yes a lot of people do that already it's a good place to keep the oil :thumb

always kept mine there, but bottle and funnel only

A few keep the Electric Hook up cable there. Personally i'm trying to camp off grid using the Solar Panels most of the time but have a small 10m cable there just in case.

Small bottles of oil and washer fluid live there in Velma.

How do I get to this space? :shocked

Is it under that mysterious cover at the front of the van?

Jump leads and mini 12v compressor in there since a few years now , never used any of them and hoping it stays so...:D

I got lots of stuff in other lost/hidden places in the Cali !

A few keep the Electric Hook up cable there. Personally i'm trying to camp off grid using the Solar Panels most of the time but have a small 10m cable there just in case.

Will the 10m fit easily...?

Care to share the location of other lost/hidden spaces?
I'll go first......I keep a kite in here, above the gas cylinder! (wind inflated wing).Kite.JPG

Care to share the location of other lost/hidden spaces?
I'll go first......I keep a kite in here, above the gas cylinder! (wind inflated wing).View attachment 33453

In that exact place i keep gloves and wollen hats ever since we went to Norway in june not having these with us and we could use them....we said to eachother that this would be a thing we put in when back home and always take with us in the future...

How do I get to this space? :shocked

Is it under that mysterious cover at the front of the van?

Reminds me of a joke my Dad told me when I was a child. A lady driving a Beetle broke down, stopped, opened the bonnet and exclaimed "Oh my goodness, someone has stolen the engine". Another lady in a Beetle stopped to help: "Don't worry, mines got a spare one in the boot."

If you want to make it politically correct 50 years later replace Lady with person!

Electric hook-up cable (+ adapters) go in there nicely, can’t forget to bring it then.

We keep the spare bulb set in a Skubb (IKEA) square holder under the driver's seat

We keep the spare bulb set in a Skubb (IKEA) square holder under the driver's seat

We’ve got so much under the drivers’ seat, I’d have to do a full inventory to make sure I have it all listed. From memory:
- snow chains
- first aid kit
- 4 x hi vis jackets
- 2 x warning triangles
- litre of oil
- bicycle tools
- football pump
- pedals for Jack’s bike

Car documents and copies of passports were kept under the upper berth bed slats. I had to relocate them after having to raise the roof on the roadside after the Polish police attended a minor collision we had when a white van man rolled backwards into us at lights in Swidnica.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Electric hook-up cable (+ adapters) go in there nicely, can’t forget to bring it then.
I weighed up putting the cable in there but came to the conclusion it wouldn’t fit. Maybe mine is a 15m cable ... could you post a photo of yours?

In the battery space under the bonnet: tow strap, bulb kit, one long jump lead (to connect battery starter pack to ground point)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back