Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lyndhurst, New Forest

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Any good Cali friendly sites here? EDIT - It;s Cadnam, not Lyndhurst - oops!

Preferably dog friendly too but she can always go in kennels. It's for April and just one night while a wedding is on.

Cheers!

We stayed at 'Redshoot' not long ago. Smaller and with less in the way of facilities than Sandy balls but it has a great pub at the entrance.

I ran the new forest half marathon based at Sandy Balls (very tough especially with the rain), and also stayed there with a group of friends in a private field, by the river.

Great facilities, swimming pool, bike hire, and fantastic access to the new forest.

Californiaman said:
We stayed at 'Redshoot' not long ago. Smaller and with less in the way of facilities than Sandy balls but it has a great pub at the entrance.
red shoot .could not remember the name :D

Rather wary of very "well" equipped campsites - they slightly remind me of Butlins or similar.

We need showers, loos and that's it! Give me a tranquil spot, peace and quiet over an on site cafe/games/whatever any day!

KernowLad said:
Rather wary of very "well" equipped campsites - they slightly remind me of Butlins or similar.

We need showers, loos and that's it! Give me a tranquil spot, peace and quiet over an on site cafe/games/whatever any day!

Yes I agree. Down by the river at Sandy Balls was great, but not really Cali friendly, (unless you have the 4 motion) this is away from the main site (down the hill) perfect for a private group.

Showers and Loos are a long walk though (up the hill, from the private field)

We stay at long meadows near brockenhurst. Basic facilities but relaxed atmosphere and excellent access to forest trails from the site. Always a camper or two there. Limited hookup but it's fine for a couple of nights.

We've stayed at Ashurst lots, it's wild camping, but we love it. Spent many a school holiday here as a child :D

Been recently, good facilities now, and a great pub by the entrance.