Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mains water hookup for a Cali Ocean?

Z

Zakeval

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hello I’m a newby with a 2020 6.1 Ocean in my sights - I know caravans can get a ball cock style connector to run mains water constantly into their vans but can any Cali owners out there signpost me to a solution please?

Alternatively - Can the onboard water tank in a Cali take mains pressure directly or will it need topping up from a submersible pump with a pressure regulator.

This is not just for short stay site hook ups - We have a house in Greece we LT out durin* the summer and I want to stay on adjacent land all summer in our new Cali with an electrical hook up and constant water too if possible (otherwise I need to build a new site kitchen, loo and shower block next to her hardstanding - could be a nice little project in itself though )

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know fellow enthusiasts on this site

Kevin

Hello I’m a newby with a 2020 6.1 Ocean in my sights - I know caravans can get a ball cock style connector to run mains water constantly into their vans but can any Cali owners out there signpost me to a solution please?

Alternatively - Can the onboard water tank in a Cali take mains pressure directly or will it need topping up from a submersible pump with a pressure regulator.

This is not just for short stay site hook ups - We have a house in Greece we LT out durin* the summer and I want to stay on adjacent land all summer in our new Cali with an electrical hook up and constant water too if possible (otherwise I need to build a new site kitchen, loo and shower block next to her hardstanding - could be a nice little project in itself though )

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know fellow enthusiasts on this site

Kevin
The camping block next to your Cali sounds like a good plan, I cannot recall anyone on here pressurising the water tank. Many owners on this site would be very interested on the route/stops that you take to visit your Greek house.

The water tank and fittings wouldn’t cope with mains pressure and trying to plumb in a mains supply would not be practical. I’d suggest you just fill the existing tank via a hose/water pipe with a tap arrangement adjacent to the van.

The camping block next to your Cali sounds like a good plan, I cannot recall anyone on here pressurising the water tank. Many owners on this site would be very interested on the route/stops that you take to visit your Greek house.
Thanks for that BellCrew - I have yet to finalise the route/stops to our Greek house but have attached one from a fellow Brit who stays on Skiathos too

699ED05E-2FF4-4949-92DC-D9C23449A55B.jpeg

The water tank and fittings wouldn’t cope with mains pressure and trying to plumb in a mains supply would not be practical. I’d suggest you just fill the existing tank via a hose/water pipe with a tap arrangement adjacent to the van.
Thanks for heads up ArunAlec - it won’t be a drama doing it that way and I’m now in favour of sorting an outside kitchen with a shower and toilet adjacent to the van for the summers in Greece. We just have to put an inline filter between the borehole / well we have on site as the water is quite rich in minerals and other particles I would no5 want furring up the Cali water tank / pipe work.

Back