Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mark II full width Rear Drawer

Paul_W

Paul_W

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Very tempted! One quick question, can you still fit the Thetford porta poti 335 on the tray and get it under the rear shelf? I seem to recall it was a close fit as is and I guess you loose a little height with the tray. Appreciate your advices, thanks.

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Very tempted! One quick question, can you still fit the Thetford porta poti 335 on the tray and get it under the rear shelf? I seem to recall it was a close fit as is and I guess you loose a little height with the tray. Appreciate your advices, thanks.
As someone who has a similar one fitted (made by a forum member), I'd say give into your temptation and get one!! One of the best things for the Cali, in my opinion.

Virgil van Bike

Virgil van Bike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
as far as i am aware it will fit the T6.1 without any issues
Just fitted mine to my T6.1 after receiving it today. Took me all of 10 minutes, which included attaching the Velcro strip to the underneath.
I’d say I’ve had to move the seat about 20mm forward, for the frame to clear the rear plastic lip, hardly noticeable at all.
I’m well impressed with it, would definitely recommend!

S

SAM49

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I posted in #2 above.... despite some initial concern about the fit in th 6.1 Ocean equipped with the reclining bed extender I decided to go ahead and place an order.

The MkII version arrived yesterday and I fitted it this AM. Fitting was straightforward with the trickiest bit keeping RHS T bar in the correct alignment with the rail whilst screwing down the thumb wheel in what is a tight space. After a couple of failed attempts I marked the top of the thread to show I had the "T" correctly and securely positioned and bingo I was done.

Yes, the rear seat bench has to be moved a smidgeon forward to accomodate the drawer but in my case it was less than 20mm and this is neither noticeable nor a concern. Needless to say I am delighted with the outcome. A rear sliding drawer was high on my wish list and I thought I might have to source a suitably sized one from Germany..... Being able to order from a UK source was a result so a big shout out to CVB for producing this fantastic accessory. Many have said here a rear sliding drawer was their best buy; they were and are right!

Now just need to decide on what configuration of Eurocrates I need to fill this space.

CampervanBits

CampervanBits

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
N/A
Thanks for the feedback!! We did measure up a 6.1 and thought it would be minimal movement of the bed, the next size down on the runners would mean losing 10cm off of the depth of the drawer so felt not worth the trade-off. We have some Dometic CFX3 25L fridges / Freezers coming in soon so I'm hoping the drawer accommodates them - imagine having a usable freezer in the Cali :0) More on that one soon.

S

Scoobz1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
How much of the boot foot print of a T6 Ocean is lost by the draw mechanism and how much a difference does this make in reality in terms of lost storage space ?

Looks like you potentially loose 7 cm from the sides but 17cm in length : (Cali width 100 cm - sliding draw internal width 93 cm ) ; Cali length 80cm from the tail gate to the back of the Cali draw (think this is with the seat fully back but the video also appears to show a sizable gap at the back ) - sliding internal draw only 63cm. Is this correct ?

Thanks

Scoobz

VW California Club