Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marking forums as read?

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Is there some way of marking forums as read without having read all the posts? It's an option on most forums I belong to, comes under 'forum options' or similar - have I just not found it?

I would use the option further up the screen 2nd line down 2nd option across "Mark Forums Read":D

I would use the option further up the screen 2nd line down 2nd option across "Mark Forums Read":D
I assumed that would mark ALL forums read and I don't want to do that?

I assumed that would mark ALL forums read and I don't want to do that?

Hi Gran

When you click on the "mark forums read" button it gives you two alternatives:

You can limit to only the section that you are currently in or you can mark all forums read.

Are you not keeping up Biker gran? ;) I've only 2861 unread as I type........

Are you not keeping up Biker gran? ;) I've only 2861 unread as I type........
Was going to use a rude smilie but I don't know how it woul;d be recieved on here........ you can take it as read!

Was going to use a rude smilie but I don't know how it woul;d be recieved on here........ you can take it as read!

:shocked

NO!

Gran's are never rude ......

often :oops:

Is there some way of marking forums as read without having read all the posts? It's an option on most forums I belong to, comes under 'forum options' or similar - have I just not found it?
@BikerGran - I struggled with this for a while. As @GrannyJen says, if you only want to make selected threads as read then you need to go into that thread - then when you click on 'mark forums read' the option 'this thread' appears. Which doesn't if you are on the home forum screen, hence it not being so obvious the function exists.
@T4WFA -maybe you could try it to? Or are you saving them for the long winter evenings whilst the van is in hibernation?

When I click 'mark forums read' it gives me two options
- I didn't like to click 'support' as that's not what I'm after!

• Support
  • Mark all forums read

You are in the forum area called "support" so its asking you if you want to mark all the posts in "support" read. If you read a post in "beginners" & click on "mark forums read" it will give you the choice of "Beginners" or "mark all forums read"

Same problem. Is there a wish list? Can you add my 'tech' request to it please?
I have been out of communication for a while so with another sleepless night, I headed for 'new posts'...4962! I'd love to glance down each page then set a page at a time as read. There's no way I can catch up. I go through pages with more pages to go but have to leave it and when I return, I haven't a clue where to start!
At the beginning of the summer, I discovered best use of keeping up to date with everything ie new posts, so am reluctant to make them all marked off but I might have no alternative, otherwise it will be 'new posts' which prevent sleep!

Good to be back.

Ah hah! Not as bad as I thought!
4962 new posts equates to 10 pages, so I've quickly run down them and will now mark them all as read. I'm back in control of life as we know it...might even sleep now?! o_O