Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Matt Black B Pillars

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Finally got the B Pillars sorted out in a nice Matt Black, very pleased with the result, I originally had them in gloss, which didn't look so good.

ScreenShot2014-04-01at113600_zps57e30270.png

ScreenShot2014-04-01at113510_zps05d22132.png

ScreenShot2014-04-01at113451_zps6cc699fb.png

James

Lioking good Janes. what's next ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Andy said:
Lioking good Janes. what's next ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That's it Andy, I've got her to where I want really. I would consider the roof but that would probably be too much and with all the roof repairs going on a bit pointless at the moment.

I think the best modifications are subtle, you notice them but you don't, they become part of the look. That's just how I feel, I have got some 'shouty' bits on the van but I think things like this work well.

I am having a hook up system put in and spent much of last night looking for decent yellow sockets :p

James

They look really :cool I thought you were going for some 'Sportline black alloys and lowered suspension just to finish her off :bananadance

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
They look really :cool I thought you were going for some 'Sportline black alloys and lowered suspension just to finish her off :bananadance

Alasdair

Not at the mo - maybe next year - I would like it lowered but in Devon, on these roads, it's quite nice to a actually have a bit of wallow and pitch :)

James

Mmm - black sportlines and lowered springs would really finish it off nicely.

You know it makes sense :D

Custardtart said:
Mmm - black sportlines and lowered springs would really finish it off nicely.

You know it makes sense :D

How come everyone says that? lol

i am not a huge fan of blacks wheels on the yellow vans, however...

ScreenShot2014-04-01at215822_zps2fbe37b9.png

James

Those pillars look great, did you fit them yourself and if so was it easy to do? I think they'd look good on our white van!

Mine's definitely crying out for them, but i'm trying my best to ignore it

cali.jpg

(Yes I know it needs a clean, and, yes, it is time to put the canberra alloys back on)

Okay I have to be honest here.

I ordered a set from Maxxcamp - they arrived but to be honest I couldn't get them to fit or look right. Now that's probably a reflection of my skills rather than the fault of Maxxcamp. It was very tricky to get them into the window recess for example.

I spoke to a vehicle graphics company in Exeter (Exeter Signs) with the intention of them applying them, in the end though I got them to apply and fit their own set. It's the same matt black vinyl and the cost was less than the Maxxcamp set. So my advice is, if you're confident then go for the Maxxcamp set but any vehicle graphics company shouldn't charge you more than 50 quid to fit these.

So I've wasted money lol but got there in the end.

And yes, would look superb on the white vans.

James

Haha thanks, that is why I asked as I am pretty cack handed when it comes to things like this and envisaged a wonky, torn and full of air bubbles finish! And lots of swearing.

Ricotansky said:
Haha thanks, that is why I asked as I am pretty cack handed when it comes to things like this and envisaged a wonky, torn and full of air bubbles finish! And lots of swearing.

Lol yep that's how it was for me. I also had to get my awful old gloss ones off which required some help.

But it's straightforward to do, it took Exeter Signs about an hour to do. They thought I was mad as I stood there explaining my 'vision', and how I wanted it to look. Lol

If I had a white van, I'd be keen to do it. And anyone who's gone for an aftermarket tint to the rear windows, that'd look good as well.

James

James said:
Okay I have to be honest here.

Shame on you! :eek:

If I bought a set, do you think I could fit them, given I did my side stripes myself?

Simon

Yes - the only thing is they need cutting into shape and getting them level and
Into the recesses is quite tricky.

Given that you are not nearly as cak handed as me I don't see why you couldn't just source the vinyl and make your own?

But without a doubt you could fit these.

James