Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress advice

T

T6 Travels

Guest User
We are about to take ownership of a ex demonstrator T6. Only 3 more sleeps and it arrives! Having read various posts we decided to splash out on a Zonesleep mattress. We emailed the company and got no response. We have been trying to phone them for a week and there was no response to the messages we left . At last today someone answered the phone. However the chap didn't seem at all interested in having our business. Talking to him was like pulling teeth. He didn't know if they did a mattress for the T6, we asked about the T5 and he said he they did one for the T5 but he seemed so disinterested and unsure we didn't order. Has anyone else any experience of getting a zone sleep for the T6? Is this typical of the customer service from Zonesleep? We are now thinking of not going with them because we are not confident in the company. We are thinking of the Duvalay instead. Any views if this is the right choice and whether we should go for 2.5cm or 5cm. Thank you - all help appreciated.

We are about to take ownership of a ex demonstrator T6. Only 3 more sleeps and it arrives! Having read various posts we decided to splash out on a Zonesleep mattress. We emailed the company and got no response. We have been trying to phone them for a week and there was no response to the messages we left . At last today someone answered the phone. However the chap didn't seem at all interested in having our business. Talking to him was like pulling teeth. He didn't know if they did a mattress for the T6, we asked about the T5 and he said he they did one for the T5 but he seemed so disinterested and unsure we didn't order. Has anyone else any experience of getting a zone sleep for the T6? Is this typical of the customer service from Zonesleep? We are now thinking of not going with them because we are not confident in the company. We are thinking of the Duvalay instead. Any views if this is the right choice and whether we should go for 2.5cm or 5cm. Thank you - all help appreciated

I can understand how it has put you off.

Comfortz are a sponsor of the forum and I have one of their mattress toppers and its very good indeed. May be worth having a look or talking to Nick (Comfortz on forum).

I don't have any experience of the other brands sorry.

I'd echo Matt's recommendation. Haven't got experience of others but Nick as Comfortz is great to deal with and the mattress topper from him has transformed my T6 bed into a very comfortable place to sleep.

Never had a Zonesleep so can't comment.
We use Duvalay sleeping bags with the 5cm base and summer duvets in the top section. Superb. Although they measure wider than the bed downstairs this gives a nice curve up on the sides, hot enough in winter and you can take the duvet out in summer and just use the bag as a sheet.
Never tried them upstairs.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You should have rung us about the zonesleep

Oh really sorry, didn't appreciate that. We just looked at their website which didn't make reference to the club.

Thats ok we are the only ones selling them on
Behalf of zonesleep

Thanks for the clarity. We have decided to go for the Zonesleep and will post feedback. Thanks for everyone's help.

We bought a memory foam mattress from Aldi a couple of years ago and its left on the upper bed. Works just fine. Our £25 experiment turned out to be a win and bought (yesterday) a similar topper from Lidl to try on the lower bed hopefully with the same success. Would have liked the Duvalay product but cannot see that the improvement over the Aldi product would be worth the cost.

Our Zonesleep arrived on Monday, so far very pleased with it and very comfy, it is an amazing material, very clever. When ours is not in use we use it on our bed at home over the top of our normal matsress.

Our Zonesleep arrived on Monday, so far very pleased with it and very comfy, it is an amazing material, very clever. When ours is not in use we use it on our bed at home over the top of our normal matsress.

Lol that's what I used to do. I then bit the bullet and bought the home one.
Keeps me cool in bed:thumb

We bought a memory foam mattress from Aldi a couple of years ago and its left on the upper bed. Works just fine. Our £25 experiment turned out to be a win and bought (yesterday) a similar topper from Lidl to try on the lower bed hopefully with the same success. Would have liked the Duvalay product but cannot see that the improvement over the Aldi product would be worth the cost.

Thanks for your post. Just returned from Lidi clutching a double mattress topper.
Worth a try , only cost £34.99.
Do you leave on the upper bed when you close the roof ?

Thanks for your post. Just returned from Lidi clutching a double mattress topper.
Worth a try , only cost £34.99.
Do you leave on the upper bed when you close the roof ?

Think I was a bit hasty in my rush to Lidi. The topper is 135x90 too big for the roof bed.
Back to Lidi. X

Yes ours was only £25 and leaves a bit of space either side of the mattress which I prefer so as it does not touch the sides (canvas) and risk soaking up water if its wet out side.

We bought two duvalays when we first bought our van and went touring Ireland for two weeks. We did not like them. We found them uncomfortable, cold and the materials used felt really cheap, considering the price we paid.

I'm going for the 4cm Duvalays. On special with a summer duvet, winter duvet and bag for £120 I think.

I'm going for the 4cm Duvalays. On special with a summer duvet, winter duvet and bag for £120 I think.
Thanks to advice on the forum, I recently purchased a 4cm Duvalay and I went for the two season pack, including both duvets and the bag. I am really pleased with it and it definitely evens out and softens the lower bed (with no other topper/mattress). It was £141.90+postage but well worth it in my opinion.

Back