Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress for downstairs

C

Carter3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
We have just bought a T5 Cali and it doesn’t have the ‘mattress‘ for downstairs. Can anyone give me advice on where to get a replacement or other to fit

We have just bought a T5 Cali and it doesn’t have the ‘mattress‘ for downstairs. Can anyone give me advice on where to get a replacement or other to fit
Unless there's one going on here, your local dealer may be able to get you one. Hasnt been easy for me as my van didn't start life as a Beach but been converted, and there system all works off the numberplate of the vehicle

We got a topper from comfortz years ago and it's been great. Folds up on the back shelf.

Do you have the Pad that fits on the Parcel Shelf?

Yes we do
Then you have 2 options.
Ditch that pad and get the VW Comfort Mattress. Not a cheap option.
Or purchase a Mattress Topper to cover pad and seat when in bed mode. This is probably the most cost effective move.

Take a look at the Sea to Summit Self Inflating Mattress Comfort Deluxe campervan version before deciding. Fits the Ocean/Coast perfectly. There are good dels on it at the mo. I got mine from alpinetrek.co.uk Here's the Sea To Summit Website https://www.seatosummit.co.uk/products/sleeping-mats/comfort-delux-si/

If you also use the forum search facility you'll find other posts about it.

We just bought one nd it's very comfortable.

We have the Seatosummit mattress and cannot believe how comfortable it is.
Highly recommended.

Ikea small double toppers are a cheap option.

Can you give the name of the IKEAtoppers, so we have an idea?
We used the Talgje topper which was one of the cheaper ones but ok. The next model up looks thicker and more comfortable, just make sure they are easy enough to fold or roll up.

I have a comfortz one for sale to fit a T5/T6 Ocean

Hi,
We bought the Ikea Talgje Mattress pad 120cm wide for £60 and a Duvalay zipped fitted sheet size: small double 5cm thickness, £27.95. Then we needed some way of rolling it up and keeping it clean. By good fortune we came across chaseley.co.uk who make sturdy zip up storage bags. The 'Large extra tough storage bag' is the perfect size for the 120cm rolled up topper, £24.99. You will need a couple of tapes/webbing to tie round the rolled up topper to stop it unrolling while you put it in the bag. Problem solved.
Sleep well !

Congratulations on your T5 !

We only use the downstairs bed when it’s really windy. Spent ages looking through options for a really small self-inflating type of downstairs mattress to give us more room in the boot. We bought an inexpensive topper for upstairs so didn’t need anything too sumptuous and the seat is already padded. Found this, at less than £60 to be amazingly comfortable.

Not sure if the T5 parcel shelf has two height options as the T6 Ocean does.

Here’s our review which never hit the Saturday headline for some reason...

This is what you need :

I just bought a Calibed Prestige II from calicap.de to replace the original mattress in my T6.1. This calibed is quite ticker and looks a lot more comfortable.
I will probably try to sell the original mattress.