Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sheets!

We have the S2S and love it, it's mainly used in the pop top (where it lives) and occasionally downstairs. You can adjust how much air you put in to soften/firm it up so hopefully it’ll work out for you too.

As we usually only sleep downstairs when stealth camping or in extreme weather I keep an inflatable mattress for occasional use downstairs. I use an exped double (aimed at the lightweight back packing market) which is comfortable, quiet and packs down tiny - a fraction of the size of the S2S self inflating mat. They aren’t cheap compared to the inflatables typically aimed at car campers but still a bargain compared to the S2S and much more space efficient. It’s a combination that works really well for us.
Thank you for this. We have found the S2S good, although we do use an inflater to puff it up, hubby says we should need to but it doesn’t rise very quickly?

We sleep downstairs as hubbys a big build and I don’t know if I could heave myself up to the top, most of the time our son is with us and he uses the top. The space is an issue downstairs, definitely. This weekend we top and tailed which was definitely better, although I am fearful of a kick in the head in the night!!

Thank you for this. We have found the S2S good, although we do use an inflater to puff it up, hubby says we should need to but it doesn’t rise very quickly?

We sleep downstairs as hubbys a big build and I don’t know if I could heave myself up to the top, most of the time our son is with us and he uses the top. The space is an issue downstairs, definitely. This weekend we top and tailed which was definitely better, although I am fearful of a kick in the head in the night!!
Our S2S doesn’t self inflate that well either so requires manual top up, but once inflated properly it’s extremely comfortable, so worth it IMO.

I like to pump mine right up.
So it’s nice and hard, I am also big built so need something hard to fall asleep on.
My wife, she likes it soft, so she sleeps downstairs on the other S2S.
Sometimes we like to swap around, as I’m too hot
Upstairs and the wife likes it hot.

I like to pump mine right up.
So it’s nice and hard, I am also big built so need something hard to fall asleep on.
My wife, she likes it soft, so she sleeps downstairs on the other S2S.
Sometimes we like to swap around, as I’m too hot
Upstairs and the wife likes it hot.
If you need something hard to sleep on, why not try the comfort mattress :thumb

We found the Dunelm small doubles fitted perfectly, we’ve left it on the pop up mattress in situ.

But my…. That lower bed needs something else (our topper didn’t arrive in time) it was hard as a rock!
We use a second sea to summit downstairs. Are you going to camper jam ?

Small double sheets fit best from dunelm
I agree with this one. Even went out of our way to buy a couple when we were in the UK for holidays.
They fit both downstairs and also upstairs when you use teh S2S SIM.

Would someone be kind enough to post a pict of the T6.1 upper mattress, I’m specifically interested in difference in the foot end (which differs from the T6, where the T6 is in two parts , the T6.1 is one single piece).

& is the T6.1 mattress thicker at the foot end than the foot pad on the T6 ?

Can anyone post a part number for the T6.1 upper mattress?

Here is a picture of the T6 mattress, for those not familar with the T6 mattress.

1273749F-14F0-4C50-B554-1810C5A9DAFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Meant to say ‘comfort

I am one of the few who actually find it comfortable :)
I am guessing that as you have a T6 Beach, you haven't tried a T6.1 Ocean "comfort" mattress?

I am guessing that as you have a T6 Beach, you haven't tried a T6.1 Ocean "comfort" mattress?
Funny you should ask… Yes I have and it really is not comfortable at all for me! It even feels like the multiflex is slightly too high as well.