Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Disregarding the diffrencentre in cost

Which would you have for sleeping down stairs

VW Comfort Mattress

Or

Comfortz Memory Foam Cabin Mattress Topper

And why

Zonesleep. Comfy, packs up small, breathable and washable.

Zonesleep. Comfy, packs up small, breathable and washable.
Do you place your Zonesleep directly onto the seat cushions or do you put it on top of one of the above mentioned mattresses

We put our Zonesleep on top of the VW Comfort mattress on the lower bed.

Have you slept in your van yet?

We put our Zonesleep on top of the VW Comfort mattress on the lower bed.

Have you slept in your van yet?

Vans on order but without the VW Comfort Mattress

Looking at options, should I add VW Comfort Mattress to the order or go with the Comfortz Memory Foam Cabin Mattress Topper

VW Comfort, on top of the seats..... I can't understand why this wouldn't be sufficient for anyone, comfort wise, as we both find it more than comfortable. However, a quick caveat..... The VW Comfort mattress does have a hard-side, and a soft-side.... Don't do like we did the first time using it, and sleep with the soft-side facing down.

It was an easy enough mistake to make, as the mattress looks same both sides, and it's not obvious what side, is the base/under-side.

IMG_9104.JPG

The only disadvantage, i can see with the VW Comfort Mattress, is the storage. It does consume, most if not all of the rear parcel-shelf.

Last edited:
When listening to the replies, take note of the responders' van. My understanding is a 5 seater beach is a very different 'bed' to the SE / Ocean / 4 seater Beach.

It's a very mute point now

My VW dealer has just informed me that it is too late to alter factory options:sad

Which I find strange, as last week he gave me a unofficial build date of week 19, which is 8th May:confused:

Last edited:
Build date confirmed as WK18, which is 1st May :thumb

Have read further down and see you can't add it to the order.

My two pence for what it's worth is that sleeping on the SE lower bed without any additional support is not an option and you will need a mattress of some description. The VW comfort mattress helps but still offers a fairly firm bed in a confined space. In terms of the mattress taking up space on the rear shelf well that's not a problem for us (2 adults/2 children) as the SE/Ocean is so well designed we have plenty of storage space and you may find this too.

My suggestion would be that you order a Comfortz mattress or Zonesleep to get you started and see how it goes. If what you ordered doesn't work out for you I am sure you could sell it on here and move on to another option that may be better for your needs.

Having slept 125 nights in our T5 using a Brandrup topper we've decided it was too firm. The last few nights in our shiny new T6, being unable to decide which topper to buy, we just used two old duvets in one case directly on top of the seats. Still packed up acceptably small, was more conformable than the Brandrup, perhaps we won't buy a topper!

The VW Comfort mattress does have a hard-side, and a soft-side.... Don't do like we did the first time using it, and sleep with the soft-side facing down.

It was an easy enough mistake to make, as the mattress looks same both sides, and it's not obvious what side, is the base/under-side.

It would be more difficult to put the VW comfort mattress the wrong way around in an SE/Ocean due to the shape which can only go one way.

...on a related note - just want to check we are not alone in finding the beach 3 seater bed with comfort mattress a tad short - 6'2"

mattress unfolded, single layer over seats and double (two thinner sections) over multiflex.

heads at rear window end, feet hanging over end (more than in kingsize at home)

not missing a trick are we?

Foam kits.
This landed in my Inbox today. No interest to me but thought it might be for others?

371017CA-EEF2-4C8D-8A78-93F6886D9FD8.png

Back