Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Topper which to buy?

Countryoak

Countryoak

VIP Member
Hi

Decided to buy a mattress topper for the lower bed my dilemma is which?

Dukdalf. Comfortz. Zonesleep or find a memory foam manufacturer and have one made I'm looking for cheapest but the best?

Also

Which packs away the best?
Which has the most comfort?
Which doesn't make you too hot
:help

:thanks

We used a memory foam topper we already had which was great for roof bed but when we tried it downstairs, it was no use at all for the 3 piece, 2 seater bench. At COTF we bought the zonesleep for downstairs and it made an amazing difference to the bench bed. We now only carry it, using it upstairs mainly, it's a neat fit inside a single duvet cover for washing and handling and means we now have one mattress topper to cover either bed depending on situation. I believe it's slightly narrower than the dedicated upstairs one and has a small cut out at the bottom end for the downstairs bed shape but as it's at the feet, it's not noticeable in use. We just fold it in thirds and it sits on parcel shelf, not too thick but very comfy to sleep on. We don't leave it upstairs when closing the roof, as some people do with the dedicated upstairs one, as this has an extra layer.
I'd read lots of good reviews for toppers but what sold it to me at COTF was that it was lying on a table in hot sunshine yet when I touched the surface it was really cool.
Works for us but people have very different ideas of what is a comfy bed so happy researching and hope this helps

I can't comment on any others, but we have the comfortz memory foam topper and it's great. Comfy and folds away neatly and easily on the back shelf.

They all seem good and do the job just comes down to your budget ... ;-) ... I have a comfortz and had no issues in the 2 years I've had it .

I think we were one of the first to get a Zonesleep having finally admitted that the standard bed is actually a torture device.

It's brilliant; from cold weather to sweltering nights in Provence, it's comfortable. It's very compact too and the optional bag is big enough to store a decent amount of bedding in.

Well worth it IMO. A sweaty memory foam mattress would drive me mad in the Cali.

We had the VW comfort matress originally and I am not sure why it is called this as it is very hard :? We dithered for months about the Zonesleep as it is quite expensive and we finally took the plunge and bought one, they are excellent! and a very clever design being so thin. They take up much less room compared to the VW matress and I would say 10x more comfortable especially when the weather is hot.

We spend a long time sleeping so I think it is well worth the investment, also they said I can use it for 7 days and if not happy could send it back.

Hi

Thank you all for your replys, having researched a few sites on the web, and read lots of reviews it's looking like we may plunge for the Comfortz mattress, having discovered they do a beautiful blue coloured cover :D ( in fact they have an array of colours to choose from ) I will let you know how we get on with it both in quality and comfort once we have tried it out.

:thanks

Having received the topper from Comfortz I have to say it is a best buy :D , we had it in blue to match the camper and it is much more comfortable than without, it folds into the back out of sight when not in use. Fantastic!

Hoping to buy an awning to match it, we are off for a weekend away soon so will post some photographs on our return....

:goodone :cool

We sleep up top ,and purchased the zonesleep at cotf 2014 ,it has seriously improved our night sleep and also keeps quite cool even in hot temps ,30 plus this summer in the south of France :thumb

We also purchased one from Tim at the meet, was a very good investment as we now sleep just as good in the cali as we do at home and it takes up very little room on the parcel shelf.

We (well, I on my husband's behalf haha) decided to splurge and buy 2 x single Duvalays, as they have a memory foam base with a quilt on the top - and each came as a special offer with a storage bag, winter and summer quilt.

Bit disappointed when they arrived if I am honest (and they are a bit bulky to store), but no complaints after testing them out. Kept us comfortable and warm - our only problem was with our teenagers trying to nick them ....

We also went for the Duvalays when we first got our cali but they took up soooo much space, also we found when the weather is warm you tend to sweat with them, i think this is something to do with memory foam in general?

Luckily we purchased ours at a show for a good price and sold them on Ebay and only lost a few pound, this funded the Zonesleep

We have the Comfortz one upstairs and as it's in two halves is an easy job to drag it down to the bottom on the rare occasion that we sleep downstairs. Really comfy. Up and down.