Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Matts for the cupboard

C

Cali1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
Hello,
What does everyone use to put as liners in the kitchen cupboards.Im trying to find some rubber cut to size to stop things sliding and the occasional rattle.Any idea?

Thanks

try IKEA I got something from there - you cut it to size about £8 for a small roll

I think you can get the rolls of anti-slip mats in hardware and bargain shops.

I got several rolls of non-slip liner from Poundland (guess how much!? ) - they come in different colours and are really easy to cut to size, nice and thin too.

The width of the liners is also perfect for a layer on the glass tops - it fits exactly in between the alu strips and is so 'non-slippy' that it even stays in place when you lift up the tops. People on the forum were saying you could easily scratch the tops inadvertently so i have taken this preemptive measure. Not suitable of course for hot pans, but saves having to use coasters for those cups of tea. :thumb

I cut some spare carpet tiles to fit the floor areas in the cupboards.
They maybe reduce sliding a bit, certainly reduce rattling & mainly allow easy inserting & removal of the boxes & cartons we stack there.
Before the carpet tiles, the boxes always got hung up on the various bumps & plugs on the floor.

We use Ikea bumpy-rubber mats on the shelves in the rear cupboard, but nothing on the shelves under the sink.
We just have boxes which fit neatly!

If you look in Cali Merchandise to the right of this post you will see rolls of the stuff.
Ron

Thank you everyone for the ideas.Will be getting the matts in the merchandise section,nice and easy.

Happy camping

We have lined the drawer under the rear seat. Used carpet tiles cut to size and glued them to the sides and the floor. Reduces the noise from stuff jiggling around in there.

Of course,I'm a dumbass!!!! I use this on the motorbike for my tank bag!!
Thanks

OxCal said:
I got several rolls of non-slip liner from Poundland (guess how much!? ) - they come in different colours and are really easy to cut to size, nice and thin too.

The width of the liners is also perfect for a layer on the glass tops - it fits exactly in between the alu strips and is so 'non-slippy' that it even stays in place when you lift up the tops. People on the forum were saying you could easily scratch the tops inadvertently so i have taken this preemptive measure. Not suitable of course for hot pans, but saves having to use coasters for those cups of tea. :thumb

Yes we do this too. We got a grey roll. We use it all the time to protect the glass tops, even on the fridge top. When driving, grandson puts stuff there too which stays in place, very very handy stuff for a Cali. We have small pieces on the dash in the little wells for keys, mobiles etc.

Back