Little owl1963

Little owl1963

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
3 ways leisure batterys charge .
First. While van running .
Second . Max charge while running .
Lastly mains hook up .

Am i right in saying the only option that gives 100 % charge is max charge while driving ???

The other 2 options only charge to 80%???? Hook mains to house , and normal driving.

Do wish would give full info in manuals .

Lastly if on max charge the yellow light comes on , when fully charged is this light supposed to go off. As seems mine does not .

3 ways leisure batterys charge .
First. While van running .
Second . Max charge while running .
Lastly mains hook up .

Am i right in saying the only option that gives 100 % charge is max charge while driving ???

The other 2 options only charge to 80%???? Hook mains to house , and normal driving.

Do wish would give full info in manuals .

Lastly if on max charge the yellow light comes on , when fully charged is this light supposed to go off. As seems mine does not .
The built in Mains Hookup charger will charge the Leisure Batteries fully to 100%. This is recommended by VW in the Handbook, as good practice, monthly.

The Max Charge function on the T6.1 just forces the Smart Alternator to charge at full output, 14.4+ volts. As the Leisure Batteries charge towards 100% capacity the alternator output voltage will automatically drop back to about 13.4v, a conditioning voltage. Check the Control Panel voltage display.
The function has to be manually switched off.

This Max Charge function is available on the T5/5.1 &6. It just doesn’t have a switch. All you have to do is switch on a heated seat or headlights to force the Smart Alternator to full output.

I never new going camping was so complicated!

Just fit a couple of solar panels on the roof, and then there is no need to worry.

Back