Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members User Map

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The user map is now all working again, you will see a link to this on the right hand side.

This shows active forum users.

Before anyone asks, this does not give an exact location of anyones address.

Last edited:
Its actually based off of the place you put in your location field on your profile, if you click on the red marker it will tell you which members have put that as their location, so its more like a local town location rather than physical accurate location .

Yes it is working, but I don't appear on it. I have Vale of Glamorgan -Cowbridge in my profile but nothing on the map.
I'm invisible.

Ditto. Not going to complain about Aberdeen appearing in the North Sea, as most of us here are associated with work offshore. But neither my self nor another regular user are listed. The three that are, show recent activity as early 2015 as latest...

Ditto - my location is entered as Market Haborough but there is only one user listed there and its not me .........

That member location map has never recognised me.

I think that Kev is trying to tell me something :(

In which case he's telling himself something as well. Kev's profile says he is just down the road from me in Kettering but the map doesn't show him there..:D

Hey everyone,

This one is my fault, when we first moved to this platform we added a custom location field to cut down spam. As a result the default field was hidden and therefore wasnt being used for the map apart from those people who had already filled their info out in the previous setup.

I have now corrected this but unfortunately it means you all need to fill out your location again, if you go to this page :

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/account/personal-details

Find the location field and if its not already filled out, you can fill it out and it will instantly show on the map :)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please try and keep it to a local town, countries and counties may not show or may not show in the correct place.

I now exist. Thank you.:thumb

• Agree
Reactions: DM
@Martin. It's working for me, but wonder if the request to update our details needs to go out as a sticky, or email. I only came across the request 'by chance'.

@T4WFA Good point, we can do a sticky and put a message at the top of the forum for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My location was Warwickshire, UK and wasn't showing with the two other Warks peeps, Changed it to my town and now showing on the map :).

Yes, I had Devon initially but it did not show up so I put my village and then I appeared.

Yes, I had Devon initially but it did not show up so I put my village and then I appeared.

Have you checked out the Members on the East Coast of the USA.
I think something is up with the Map Location software.

Looks like these are places in the USA that share town names with us in the UK, I guess all we can do is ask them to add UK after their location.

The Lake District seems to have moved! There's a flag adjacent to Bognor (south coast) which reads Lake District? There are a few old quarrys nearby but no lakes!

Last time I looked Jen, you were in Cuba!

Alan