Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Memory foam mattress topper

Hi Kev,

I will need to buy a topper soon as well and was going to measure up and then buy from the foam shop (http://www.thefoamshop.co.uk/) so would be interested to hear from you regarding the quality of your new purchase.

Does yours roll up easily for eas of storage ?

Regards
Mark

Hi mark
Looking at the pics it shows a little line in the middle that's where it was folded in the box and I am sure
Will settle down with being unfolded. As for storage I just roll it up and store behind the back seats.
I will be testing it at the end of march and will report back.

It's classed as a small double. 4ft wide 6ft 6 long. The one I picked was 5 cm or 2 inches thick I thought about a thicker one
But worried about it rolling up enough to be stored behind the seat.

Kev has managed negotiate a discount with Zleeps, if five people order from the club any topper there will be a 5% discount on the total price, if we get 10+ there will be a 10% discount.

More details to follow

Can these or any other topper fold for storage on the parcel shelf (rather than roll up)?
My view is that folded on the shelf will be less intrusive and take up less space than rolled?

Steve

Steve. I'm not 100% sure but have just been reading up on the subject. My conclusion is you can fold them
They will just take longer to return to their normal shape because you will be creasing it.most people prefer to roll them up like a sleeping bag.

Hi am looking for a topper was wondering how small the 2" topper was when you rolled it up?? Am struggling for room with four people and awning/camping gear etc. thought I might get away with a 1" topper it might be enough to improve the bed comfort??? We use a 4" topper at home and its very bulky....

Our 2 inch topper is bulky when stored in the back of the van.
We used to roll it and had two velcro compression straps to store it.
Then we found that folding it in three on the back shelf and putting all other stuff on top was a better solution.
Curiously the memory foam instantly forgets the two creases from the folds when unfolded;-)

When we are only two up we use the top bed which is very comfy even without the topper - so we leave it at home.
I don't think downstairs is comfy enough without the topper (we're both in our mid 60s and the bottom bed insn't designed for mid 60s:)

Sounds good will try the 2" topper - I agree about the bed not a comfortable design... had a Trooper previously and the bed was much more comfy - but the rear seat travelling was not so good, I guess you can't have both don't think any age of adult will find the bed comfy without a topper..I'm relegated to the bed in the awning anyway and have an airbed for longer trips fortunately. Cheers.

Can you tell us how the £57 mattress topper has been for you? It looks great. We had no idea we had to consider such things - Haven't even got the Cali yet - arrives THurs and we hope to go on our first trip on Fri!

The memory foam matress topper has made a fantastic difference. Unbelievable the difference it makes. One of my better buys :thumb

My younger son's partner is 7 months pregnant and has just returned from a week in the Cali on Arran and confirms the topper is brilliant and essential. This is sleeping downstairs, their 2 yr old son sleeps upstairs (the crows nest he calls it). She's not tried upstairs recently ;-)