Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Memory lane?

Yes I remember San Sebastian also. It was our first trip to Spain and we got to the city after a three or four day drive down through France from Cherbourg. On arrival in San Sebastian we found the streets thronged, and lots of loud bangs. "Oh look, it's a fiesta!" said my mum. Well actually no, it was a riot (it was 1968). And when the crowd started rocking our car the reality finally dawned on dear ma and pa that this wasn't the perfect venue for a family holiday.

So we then drove the length of the Pyrenees to the Med coast, and found a sleepy campsite on the Costa Del Sol, then completely undeveloped.

This is a great thread -- dig out those old camping pictures

IMG_0039.JPG
My parents T1 which I believe cost £900 which no doubt was a lot of money in 1967. They had it for many years. I can still remember the registration number : LPN 673 E
The Morris Traveller on the right was my Grandmothers and the car I learnt to drive in as a teenager - memories !

View attachment 16014
My parents T1 which I believe cost £900 which no doubt was a lot of money in 1967. They had it for many years. I can still remember the registration number : LPN 673 E
The Morris Traveller on the right was my Grandmothers and the car I learnt to drive in as a teenager - memories !

Love this

img_0039-jpg.16014
The child standing on the stone mushroom has no shadow ... eek! :eek: