Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mersey Gateway Tolls (Runcorn - Widnes) £6 for a Cali!

Isn't that a bit naughty? As in if you don't know/cba to complain, you'll get the higher rate. It must go off the V5 for the "find my vehicle", same as I have to observe lower speed limits, so they could implement this change?

Google the Daily Post, they have at least 2 articles moaning about the tolls.

Google the Daily Post, they have at least 2 articles moaning about the tolls.
Problem with the Daily Post is that it is always a slow news day in north Wales so their stories and blown out of all proportion.

Travelled across the Mersey Gateway, yesterday, tried to pay this morning and they wanted to charge me £6 instead of £2. I rang them up and demanded to speak to a manager who reduced the bill to £2. There is no information on signs at the bridge about campervans or motorhomes (as they like to call them) only vehicle weights (correct me if this is wrong or has been changed). So I said my vehicle only came into their class 2 category (M1 and below 3.5gvw plg on reg doc) and they had no right to charge £6 without making me aware of that first.
Hidden on their website is a link to what is considered a motorhome.
It states that there should be perminantly fixed cooking, storage, bed, seats and a table even if removable. This would give the vehicle an additional classification of L, overriding the M1 classification. Am I the only one who removes the back seats as they come out very easily (when you get the knack) to transport large items this should override the L classification and put the M1 back as the main classification. Aha. So on Cali reg docs it say what body type the van is motorcaravan it doesn’t say or imply that the internal components are perminantly fixed and not easily removed. Another argument to wind them up with......until they make it obvious what we have too pay ....or stick to their simple easy to understand vehicle weight classifications.

C574C78F-3958-4BAC-BB64-6F21700BC472.png

Good on you cancott :thumb

Back