Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Metal part of key fallen off

K

koups

HI All, sorry really simple question but the straight metal part of my van key has fallen out of the black remote bit. The lever works ok.

Does anyone know if I need a whole new key or can I just get it fitted together again?

Thanks!

HI All, sorry really simple question but the straight metal part of my van key has fallen out of the black remote bit. The lever works ok.

Does anyone know if I need a whole new key or can I just get it fitted together again?

Thanks!
? Photo. You should be able to repair it. Sounds as if the pin has fallen out.

sorry- I was worried about security with a photo but here is one.4F2CC516-C4EA-4416-AF5C-49795F94B5F4_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes- it seems to be the pin. I asked VW who said new key is £200 and I cannot get the pin...not great..

Yes- it seems to be the pin. I asked VW who said new key is £200 and I cannot get the pin...not great..
Try a Locksmith/Keycutter shop that do replacement car keys. They cut the blade and then fit into the fob. Failing that get a thick paperclip that fits. Cut to length, partly insert it then a dab of Superglue before pushing it home.
See if you have a Timpsons local to you.
As you have no details under your Avatar then you’ll have search one out. Sorry.

Get a complete used one of a well known online auction site and do, take out the pin, stick it in your one and list the button module back in said auction site ! Simples

Go to an old school hardware store and buy a rolled pin or a slotted spring pin of a suitable size to fit the hole, cut it to length and fit as in the vid above (pennies for a pin)

I had the same thing happen to one of our keys, new split pin of ebay as above, easy fix.

Sometimes the pivoting casting in which the pin seats can crack but you can buy a complete flip key on eBay and transfer the electronic innards over.

Back