Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MFT euro storage box buying issues

steve morrish

steve morrish

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've been doing alot of research and have decided to purchase the mft euro select storage, which as it happens doesn't seem to be sold in the UK, so I bought the back carrier (from Germany no problem) for the box to sit on, but 3 German companies will not send the box to the uk as the postage is to high, even though one company took my money then cancelled the order.

I have asked for an extra delivery cost from one company and it was an extra 153 euros, which makes this box rather expensive.

So my question is has anybody bought one of these recently and if so could you point me in the right direction please, as I now have the carrier but no box.

Hi Steve,

I'm from Belgium, not UK. I've bought my box on 'www.dakdragerland.nl', perhaps you could try them? (Dutch)

Other option: Travelling to France this summer?=> Ship it to a camping you'll be staying at?

Side note
I do have complains about the MFT Euro Select Box. The plastic is extremely thin and flexible. The 'central' locks are not so smooth as most roofboxes. Also you could easily pull open the backbox just using your hands, so I've cut wire ropes (3 in total) attached to 2 normal locks, wrapping around the box. Not ideal, but gives me peace of mind on travels.. Off course anyone who is looking to break in will easily cut the wire ropes, it's mainly to stop opportunists.

I bought the carrier and the Backbox direct from MFT.

It arrived on a pallet which was taken away by the courier. The whole deal cost us €998.00 which included a 13-7 pin adapter and delivery, however that was 2 years ago.

email info@mft.systems and speak to Mareike Andermark if she is still there.
Mareike writes, and I expect, speaks very good English.

Alan

Hi, thanks for your replies and after both of your advise I contacted various other German companies and took a gamble with www.fritz-berger.de who sell camping equipment, so for 738euros (just mft storage box) including delivery (on a pallet) in was sent direct from the manufactures mft systems last week.
I'm very happy and can't wait to use it on our next France trip in a few weeks time.

I got the carrier and box from Amazon earlier in the year. You can still get the carrier but the boxes are out of stock at the moment.

Back