Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Michelin Cross Climate 2 mileage? (235/55/R17/103Y)

Consumer feedback when fitted to other vehicles (mainly outside of UK in more harsh conditions) has been poor when compared against other tyres hence no longer available.

Expect they will launch an improved alternative.
My fingers are crossed (pun intended) for an updated 3 peaks rated Latitude Cross tyre. Now that would tick every box.

The slightly higher profile 235/60/17 SUV version is still available with 10% discount from Blackcircles.

Consumer feedback when fitted to other vehicles (mainly outside of UK in more harsh conditions) has been poor when compared against other tyres hence no longer available.

Expect they will launch an improved alternative.
Yep; spoke with ATS (owned by Michelin) while having my Goodyear Vectors fitted and they confirmed the same. However having reviewed the specs and on-line reviews of the Vectors they do seem a better fit for our current climate (rain not snow).

Blackcircles was showing availability when I looked yesterday.

Just looking at fitting Michelin CrossClimate 2 to my 2015 4Motion and found this thread about them being discontinued.

There seems to be plenty of stock in many sizes (incl 235/55/R17 Y (103) and have found no other comments on them being discontinued, so perhaps this was an unfounded rumour?

Agilis cross climate in 21/65/17 150 4motion so not your ideal comparison but about 45k km so far and no signs of wear
Same here. Agilis Cross Climate. 150 2wd T6 2018. At current tread ware rate expecting close to 50k for front pair.

Just looking at fitting Michelin CrossClimate 2 to my 2015 4Motion and found this thread about them being discontinued.

There seems to be plenty of stock in many sizes (incl 235/55/R17 Y (103) and have found no other comments on them being discontinued, so perhaps this was an unfounded rumour?
There was spell a few months ago when they weren't in stock anywhere. Some speculation that they were being discontinued but probably just a supply glitch.

I had them fitted to my T6.1 Ocean last month and there were loads about - cost me ÂŁ635 and I kept the 215 Conti's and sold for ÂŁ175 :)

I had them fitted to my T6.1 Ocean last month and there were loads about - cost me ÂŁ635 and I kept the 215 Conti's and sold for ÂŁ175 :)
Ooh that's nearly ÂŁ85 better than today. Did you use an independent?

I booked it through Black Circle but used a very local garage near me at Snetterton who tyre fitt and help at Snetterton Racing circuit. Excellent guys who carefully checked my wheels for any marks before fitting.

Doh. I need 5 as need to swap my spare over to them as well. Thanks for sharing

Remember Cross climes are directional, not a good idea for a spare wheel as it can only be used on one side !
I hadn't even considered this! It seems as if treating a spare as a space saver if on the wrong way is one option, until you can get it flipped?

Note sure if 4Motion has additional complications though?! Are there even any All Seasons that aren't directional...?

I would suggest if going on continent a basic winter tyre be fitted as spare - there seem to be some that are non-directional.

I hadn't even considered this! It seems as if treating a spare as a space saver if on the wrong way is one option, until you can get it flipped?

Note sure if 4Motion has additional complications though?! Are there even any All Seasons that aren't directional...?
If you treat as a Space Saver no problem. No problem on a 4Motion as long as the wheel/tyre combination is the same diameter/circumference.

If you treat as a Space Saver no problem. No problem on a 4Motion as long as the wheel/tyre combination is the same diameter/circumference.
Thanks! I've been searching threads and think I found one where you said you ran with a non-directional spare? Typically can't find it now.

Is that on the basis of treating it as a space saver if it is need and getting the 'right' tire as soon as you can?

Thanks! I've been searching threads and think I found one where you said you ran with a non-directional spare? Typically can't find it now.

Is that on the basis of treating it as a space saver if it is need and getting the 'right' tire as soon as you can?
That's right.

Be extremely careful running a directional tyre in the wrong direction, there may be issues with the manufacturing method that means the tyre is not safe to run in the opposite direction.
If you had an accident and you were found to have a tyre fitted incorrectly you could void your insurance and potentially be prosecuted (particularly if you knowingly fitted the wheel incorrectly and decided to use the vehicle ).

What would you recommend in terms of a spare?

Could I leave the unused Dunlop Sport TT Max there and just use it in Space Saver mode to get the right tire?

What would you recommend in terms of a spare?

Could I leave the unused Dunlop Sport TT Max there and just use it in Space Saver mode to get the right tire?
Any tyre with the same circumference and correct load rating as those on the four axles will be fine. A non directional all weather tyre would be best.

Example 235x55x17 is the same circumferences as 215x 60x17 (less than 1% different) so can be used as a space saver

You can check here

Back