Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Off topic. Hopefully I’ll be reported for a thread hijack and be put on the naughty step.

It does have steelies though. So perhaps on topic.

Little Fella has arrived and is waking up the stiffs in my village. My neighbour parked her MX5 in front. Quite liked the little & large juxtaposition.

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

You all told me bronze wouldn’t go with Fontana Red and it’d look better on Indium Grey. Hold my beer….

View attachment 128633
You need to change your van type Jimmy, on the side bit. Says Cali Ocean.
The grey with black wheels look great.
The drivers seat looks great.
Any great difference in driving it compared to the Cali Ocean.
I bet it’s magic being able to stand straight up ?

:thumb Off topic. Hopefully I’ll be reported for a thread hijack and be put on the naughty step.

Little Fella has arrived and is waking up the stiffs in my village. My neighbour parked her MX5 in front. Quite liked the little & large juxtaposition.

View attachment 128653

View attachment 128654
Blooming ace that is.
Bagsie first shotgun ride from a VWCC member please

Off topic. Hopefully I’ll be reported for a thread hijack and be put on the naughty step.

View attachment 128653

View attachment 128654

Love it, when you get those flower decals on it really will be a head turner…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to change your van type Jimmy, on the side bit. Says Cali Ocean.
The grey with black wheels look great.
The drivers seat looks great.
Any great difference in driving it compared to the Cali Ocean.
I bet it’s magic being able to stand straight up ?
Yeah very pleased we made the move to a Grand mate, feels a fair bit heavier when pulling off of course but it’s still a nice drive and everything inside is well put together. Manouverability isn’t much different either tbh but the biggest change is learning to cope with the height anxiety. Not so much for carparks as we never used them anyway but for poxy low hanging trees, you don’t realise how many there are until you’re in a 3m high vehicle! Every time we go under a tree we’re just waiting for the scrape noise and first contact is usually on the solar panel! :oops:

Yeah very pleased we made the move to a Grand mate, feels a fair bit heavier when pulling off of course but it’s still a nice drive and everything inside is well put together. Manouverability isn’t much different either tbh but the biggest change is learning to cope with the height anxiety. Not so much for carparks as we never used them anyway but for poxy low hanging trees, you don’t realise how many there are until you’re in a 3m high vehicle! Every time we go under a tree we’re just waiting for the scrape noise and first contact is usually on the solar panel! :oops:
This.

I do the school drop off in mine - and I kid you not, i'm tempted to grab the balaclava, a stealth saw (probably just paint mine black) and do a bit of midnight branch trimming on my route.

The worst bit is when parking or dodging parked cars and the 'optimum no-tree pathway' is blocked and you have to dodge the parked cars as well as the trees above.

This.

I do the school drop off in mine - and I kid you not, i'm tempted to grab the balaclava, a stealth saw (probably just paint mine black) and do a bit of midnight branch trimming on my route.

The worst bit is when parking or dodging parked cars and the 'optimum no-tree pathway' is blocked and you have to dodge the parked cars as well as the trees above.

This was genuinely one of the first things I bought after the van, ended up doing some twilight trimming of about fives trees on the road in to mine so I could even get it on and off the drive without scratching it :D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HLJFQU/?tag=eliteelect-21

This was genuinely one of the first things I bought after the van, ended up doing some twilight trimming of about fives trees on the road in to mine so I could even get it on and off the drive without scratching it :D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HLJFQU/?tag=eliteelect-21
I’ve said it before cordless chainsaws are not only permitted for Swampers but almost obligatory. Pruning or lopping shears is a yellow card. That’s one step away from secateurs and a trug…

I’ve said it before cordless chainsaws are not only permitted for Swampers but almost obligatory. Pruning or lopping shears is a yellow card. That’s one step away from secateurs and a trug…
I used some pruning sheers the other day, and got blisters within about 20 minutes.

I'm too delicate of a faux-swamper to handle them. :D

How do you collect your floral arrangements without a trug?

I would never be without my secateurs in easy reach!