Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommended VW Dealer

bernie

bernie

Hi, I've had a Cali for 6 years and had awful experiences at the Birmingham VW garage. They billed me fully even though they had not fixed problems e.g. fridge powering down after one days use, remote heater control not working. When I questioned this, I was met with a wall of silence. How i put up with it for so long I don't know. However, I have since driven the 40 mins to Listers in Coventry, just off Jn 3 on the M6 who have been superb. I trust them. They have sorted out numerous problems that my van had and, even tho' out of warranty, managed to get VW to pay on more than one occasion. I would highly recommend anyone who has any issues other than the need for a simple service to go there. Even then, they do take an attitude of identifying issues that need to be looked at rather than just looking for work. If it's within reasonable driving range, give it a try. There are often Calis in the parking area when I go nowadays. Paul is the expert on Calis, so maybe ask for him.

Yes I have heard nothing but praise for these people. I may use them for warranty work.

What's the general feeling about Milton Keynes area?

I have used Wayside Vans once, but has issues.

I bought the van from Northampton, but I was under the impression that they have lost the commercial side?

Is Coventry the nearest Cali-friendly option to MK?

I need to get the control panel replaced before I go away, then the dreaded blistering paint issue.

Any thoughts guys?

Don't forget about us :D

I know we are a couple of hours away from Milton Keynes but we can provide a replacement vehicle for you to use whilst we have yours in for work.

We do have quite a few customers who travel a large distance to come and see us!

Feel free to send me a PM or call to discuss any work and time scales etc...

Thanks

timhutch said:

I bought the van from Northampton, but I was under the impression that they have lost the commercial side?

The one at Riverside park in Northampton has lost the commercial franchise, but there is now a separate VW commercial dealer in Northampton under the Vindis franchise.

I have used them for parts and one Warranty claim and they have been very helpful. They are up by the Sixfields football stadium. http://www.vindisgroup.com/dealers/volk ... entre.html

Tony

From the end of this month Milton Keynes VW van centre is a service centre only, no sales of any sort. I have Vauxhall Vivaros because their sales were so good :lol: :headbang

I also heard that imperial commercials are stopping selling Cali's, but are carrying on doing servicing.

This could mean one of two thinks :

1 - calis are too hard fot most vw commercials dealers
2 - vw are making them more exclusive..

T

teeboy said:
timhutch said:

The one at Riverside park in Northampton has lost the commercial franchise, but there is now a separate VW commercial dealer in Northampton under the Vindis franchise.

I have used them for parts and one Warranty claim and they have been very helpful. They are up by the Sixfields football stadium. http://www.vindisgroup.com/dealers/volk ... entre.html

Tony
vindis increasing their spider type control of the vw dealerships both cars and vans! Pretty much control Cambridgeshire now Northants as well!

Northampton and Kettering Cars are still the strong hold of Parkway (aka My Volkswagen), but it appears that the only one of their franchises that do the Cali is Leicester, and as that is pretty much in the centre of town it is a pain to get to.

Interestingly Kettering holds most of their Cali's in their compound, but the sales men have no idea about commercials, and even less about calis - very nice people who will let you have a look round, but don't know about Cali's or their financing.

T

Back