Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mini ovens

Speleo62

Speleo62

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
hi
Newbie here, we are in the process of ordering a T6 Cali, looking at the kitchen and lack of a grill,has anyone used a mini oven in a Cali , is there enough power.
Think this forum is great and answering lots of queries for us

Welcome , there are many using ovens and other electrical divices in theire Cali .
Try to use the " search" funtion ....

I'm not that fan of carrying lots of extras , the cooker does the job ....do miss my dishwasher from my homekitchen when underway in my Cali...:headbang

Last edited:
Never had much luck with that stand up toaster, but the flat ones work very well.

If you are looking at grills and ovens, you are talking about mains electricity - AKA a hookup.
You can then do anything you like if you take the kit with you.

We are using less of these sites in general to keep the costs down.
If you are on the hoof, there's very little "suffering" to be had food-wise with two rings - boiling, frying, toasting and steaming. But the simplicity pays you back in many other ways.

Agree with the poster above here. If on hookup, you can take what you like. The only limiting factor might then be the power of the incoming supply providing enough amps for your device

I have one of those fold flat toaster thingy's that you can use on the burner and it is surprisingly good.

I have a Quest mini oven that I take with me if I know I am going to be on hook-up and it really is very good although obviously limited in size, but no problems with cooking a Charlie Binghams Lasagne and flat slices of garlic bread.

I have a 12V oven that I take if I know I am relying on battery and it really is too small to be very useful but it's cousin, a rogdpro 12v slow cooker is much more useful.

Got ours of ebay because we wanted a glass window, the modern ones don't have it.

I have one of those fold flat toaster thingy's that you can use on the burner and it is surprisingly good.

I have a Quest mini oven that I take with me if I know I am going to be on hook-up and it really is very good although obviously limited in size, but no problems with cooking a Charlie Binghams Lasagne and flat slices of garlic bread.

I have a 12V oven that I take if I know I am relying on battery and it really is too small to be very useful but it's cousin, a rogdpro 12v slow cooker is much more useful.
Might sound like a silly question but where's the best place to put the oven when using the hob as well

Thanks for the response the stool didnt even cross my mind!

Might sound like a silly question but where's the best place to put the oven when using the hob as well

I normally have it on the fold-away table. Room for the mini oven, my plate ready and waiting and my laptop ....:D

I normally have it on the fold-away table. Room for the mini oven, my plate ready and waiting and my laptop ....:D

I thought about this but wondered wether it gets too hot for the table.....I will have to try and see which works best

I thought about this but wondered wether it gets too hot for the table.....I will have to try and see which works best

The mini oven has 4 little legs which keeps it clear of any surface and allows an airflow underneath. I have been using one for 4 years without problems.

Aldi has a £20 one at the moment a friend purchased one. I personally dont have the room but i know many love them.

Aldi has a £20 one at the moment a friend purchased one. I personally dont have the room but i know many love them.

That's a good spot Matt.... 12l instead of 9l for the quest and will fit in my Sister's caravan for when we travel together :)

Thats the one....more of an impulse buy when i saw the price!

Back