Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Misleading adverts on Auto Trader

I wonder how VW feel about their dealerships selling non Calis with the brand name California?
Do they even know? Given how precious VW is about their branding and logo I would be surprised if they were happy with it.
And given that many new buyers may not really know VW heritage, using the name Cali for a bespoker (even if the ad does say XXX conversion) it's very naughty....but then again same can be said of most business practices .....

I suppose the Vw dealers are starting to run out of new pre ordered Calis to sell so are stocking these instead, I guess they have to make a living, just hope they make it very clear that they are not genuine Vw Calis.

I wonder how VW feel about their dealerships selling non Calis with the brand name California?
Maybe it's becoming a generic name for VW camper vans; like Hoover is for vacuum cleaners.

It would be interesting to know where the vans are coming from. It could range from buyers of a conversion realising they've made a mistake and chopping it in for a Cali...........to the dealers actually engaging a converter to build vans to their spec.

Motacyclist......totally agree. My wife calls our vacuum cleaner 'the hoover' as her parents used a hoover. We own a vax vacuum cleaner so trying to retrain our 2 and 3 years olds its a vacuum cleaner, then took it apart and explained air pressure, venturi effect and suction through a straw etc etc. My toddler babies now refer to a vacuum cleaner and not 'the hoover'. bloody humans!

Oh regarding the thread. I fully appreciate the frustration with us cali owners but weve all heard the sayings?

1. buyer beware

2. fool and money soon parted

Sad facts of life I suppose.

Back